2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum 7 Seats Deal Check

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 XC90 T6 Momentum 7 passenger (Onxy Black/Charcoal)
MSRP: $63,330
Selling price: $55,030
Total Discount: $8,270

$3,000 Dealer Cash (verified with edmunds)
$5,270 Dealer Discount
8.3% Pre-Incentive Discount

Loyalty Rebate: $1000 Loyalty
MF: 0.00115 before MSD (verifed with edmunds), 0.00065 after 10 MSDs
Drive-Off Amount: $1500 (Including first month, registration, deal fees) + $7k MSDs
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
Residual: $37, 347 (59%)
Monthly Payment: $552.81 before tax
Region: So-Cal

This is the first quote I got from the second dealer. The first dealer’s quote is much higher.

I cannot have the numbers match with the calculator result 100%, but it is pretty close. Here is the link to the calculator

How can I improve the deal and what should be the realistic target?

Updates: After researching on this site, it seems a 10% to 12% pre-incentive discount is doable for a new one. So I plan to start counter back with a 12.5% pre-incentive discount. I guess I will be happy if I can get close to 11%. What do you think? Any comments are welcome?

Start by heading to Volvo’s website, building the car, and on the summary page click the estimate my payments button. Then type in your zip code and it will show you what the lease cash/Volvo allowance amount is.

Did you confirm rv/mf with edmunds?

1 Like

For as all leases - but especially Volvo/Acura/Honda leases - it is super helpful to take a close read of the LH calculator how-to.

Take a look at how the selling price input is defined. Re-check your figure, it should be tweaked. When hackrs look at a Volvo/Acura calculator they look for your pre-incentive discount. Make sure it is calculated properly - the most important feedback you can receive is how your pre-incentive stacks up against better deals.

You nailed your taxed incentive input. But, re-look at how the Untaxed incentive Input is defined:

Volvo/Acura make heavy use of direct-to-dealer cash.

A well built calculator helps you get the best feedback from hackrs.

2 Likes

Thanks for your hint. I headed to Volvo’s website and confirmed that the lease bonus cash is $3000. And yes, I confirmed rv/mf with edumnds.

Thanks for your help. I updated the original post and the calculater…

You are doing good work here. Your pre-incentive discount is the most critical variable you have negotiated. Review current/past deal posts here and set a target for your pre-incentive discount. Volvo is a very popular badge on this site so you will find plenty of comps. Don’t limit yourself to XC90, look at all XC trims.

Here is how I like to recap key lease variables to stay focus on critical deal drivers (adjust figures if I missed something).

$63,300 MSRP
$55,030 Dealer Selling Price Offer
$ 8,270 Total Discount

$3,000 Dealer Cash (verified with edmunds)
$5,270 Dealer Discount
8.3% Pre-Incentive Discount

$ 1,000 Loyalty Cash

0.00115 MF (verified with edmunds)

There are many folks here with a keen eye for Volvo deals so tap into their expertise.

Good luck.

Thank you for comments. I really appreciated it!