2020 Volvo XC90 T5 Momentum, take it or leave it?

Hey Hackers

Very new to all of this but I’ve spent the past few months on these forums (many thanks to all of you) learning as much as I could.

We’re a few hours away from signing a lease for an xc90 here in so cal and I wanted to see if we could get your take on the deal and of there are any better options out there for a CA resident. Seems out of state most brokers with the best Volvo deals will ship anywhere but CA due to registration and extra vehicle testing.

The dealers just listed ‘discount’ on the deal sheets versus pre and post tax incentives, which leads me to believe there may not be any incentives, and made it difficult to get the calculator to match the terms.

MSRP: $ $58,375
Selling Price: $ $50,475
Monthly Payment: $ $625 total ($580 base + $45 tax)
Cash Due at Signing: $ 1500 (includes first month payment and 85 doc fee, 17 tax, and 1630 in “non tax fees”)
MSD: 0
Incentives: None it appears

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: .00173
Residual: 62%

I’ve seen better deals on this vehicle over the past 30-60 days, though it appears they were all 2019s, which Volvo dealerships were pushing hard at the end of the year because they were set to end lease support on 2019 models January 1 2020.

Any advice, suggestions would be greatly appreciated before we sign paperwork this afternoon.

Any additional info needed, happy to provide it.

Can’t thank you all enough for all the shares, tips, deals, and insights. This is an incredible community, grateful to be a part of it.

David

Do not sign anything until you get updated RV/MF/incentives from Edmunds so you can actually compare the deal.

2 Likes

@mllcb42 I confirmed the RV and MF/buy rate via Edmunds forum at the figures above, but couldn’t find anything that explained current incentives and eligibility.

When you posted in the forum and asked for RV/MF/incentives, what did they say about incentives? Also, did you do that in the past day or two or in the first few days of the month? It often takes them a few days to get the updated info for a new month.

You’re showing an almost 14% discount right now which is extremely high on a 2020, especially this early in the year/month. It is highly unlikely they’re doing this and far more likely that they’re rolling incentives in to get there. Without knowing what those incentives are, it is very difficult to accurately judge this deal.

Volvo’s website shows $1500 in incentives on the vehicle in so cal, which puts you at 11% pre-incentive. For this time of year, that’s sounds pretty decent to me.

Always worth comparing against higher trims to see if any have much better lease terms (not unheard of for the T6 variants to lease cheaper because of this), and max out your MSDs to save more money.

1 Like

@mllcb42 All info is from past 2-3 days. Other than just outright asking if they’re applying the 1500 you mentioned above, is there a way for me to see if that’s being applied in the docs they’ve provided attached here? Or are they required to provide this since it’s a manufacturer discount?

Interestingly on the higher trims, though I am pushing into t6 ballpark with these features, the t6 itself is not leasing as well due to the RV being lower and MF being higher with the new programs. That said, this is the opinion of a few of the dealers. I’ll verify on Edmunds.

They’re definitely applying it and rolling it into your discount. You can ask them and I’m sure they’ll tell you the same. The discount is unreasonably good if they aren’t.

While the T6 may not lease better than the T5 due to RV/MF, what you aren’t factoring in are the incentives. There have been times in the past when the higher trims have had several thousands more in incentives which more than cover the difference in RV/MF. I don’t know that that is currently the case, but it’s worth checking to be sure.

1 Like