2020 Volvo XC40 South Florida

Do not know how much was left on table but there is little inventory left and South Florida dealers are notoriously tough to deal with.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Volvo XC40 T5 Inscription
MSRP: $44995
Monthly Payment: $492
Drive-Off Amount: $2786.00(Includes Dealer Service Fee and Excess Wear and Tear Policy)
Months:36
Annual Mileage:12K
MF: .00091 (Confirmed with Edmunds)
Residual:57% (Confirmed with Edmunds)
Incentives:$1,800.00 Lease cash (Did not qualify for Costco or any other Incentives)
Region:South Florida
Leasehackr Score:7.1
Leasehackr Calculator Link:leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Volvo&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=44995&sales_price=40850&months=36&mf=.00091&dp=0&dealer_fee=1903&acq_fee=995&taxed_inc=1800&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=57&reg_fee=132&sales_tax=7&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

Which dealer? XC40s do not lease well in general (except with all of the NE rebates), but I would consider reaching out to other deals to find any loaner vehicles that may be for sale.

You are not kidding. The dealer sin S. Fla are the worst. Still waiting for followup conversation I had last week with one of them. I will say $2786.00 what exactly is the breakdown there? That is a high amount.

Excess wear and tear is around $1,500. However, it can sometimes be negotiable.

You are looking for an SUV in a market where these XC40s are really popular.

You really need $1500 in wear and tear?. Thats a heck of alot. I am flexible and go for the best deal. I doubt I would go for that model unless it was a total steal. I dont even drive that much. By business partner is looking at that car. If there is no deal, then he doesnt go for it. I have loyalty which is supposed to stack with Costco.

$999 dealer service fee, first payment, $790 excess wear and tear. Rest is tag and doc fees

I need wear and tear. First, I can return it with bald tires and worn brake pads. Second, my kid is learning to drive. I am sure there will be scratches and dents by tbe end of term. I am covered for up to $1,000 per incident, $7,500 max policy limit

1 Like

The good old $999 dealer fee for FL. I would consider expanding your search north being that South FL dealers are usually extremely stingy when it comes to discounts. Or, reach out to @mani_is_kool and see if he can help.

1 Like

Do keep in mind as your expand your search that sometimes SoFl has different incentives than other places in Florida

Not sure if I missed it but have you thought about using MSD’s?

I’ve been keeping an eye on inventory in sofl and it is increasing, pretty much daily. Not sure specifically about the XC40 but inventory are increasing. Maybe you can squeeze a bit more out them but this will require a bit of work on your end. Also, dealerships seem to put a focus on specific models and trims so if you’re open to other models consider looking at that.

I’ve noticed a bit of hit and miss with dealerships as some have accepted that people won’t gone in and others still want to draw you in to really get a deal.

Regarding MSD’s, I tried convincing the wife but she would rather leave tbe money in the bank earning 1% than saving $2,000.00 in payments over the 36 months! Happy wife happy life!

1 Like

Why earn 10% when you can earn 1%?

1 Like

Excuse my genz memeing.

1 Like

Technically, MSDs don’t earn you anything, but rather save money.

Cash flow is cash flow

I guess that could be better or worse, but @hncohen1242 you might want to use the Volvo lease payment calculator to figure out incentives in other parts of FL.

There is no cash flow there either. You pay less every month (savings).

Yup, your outgoing cash is reduced, increasing your net cash.

Only real difference between having less negative and more negative offset with a small amount of positive is the extra taxes.

Ok, I give up lol

It’s like a lease deal, you have to look at it holistically :wink: