2020 Volvo XC40 - Lease ending Feb - Buy/Sell, or Keep?

Re-visited this forum after 3 years (I was helped to get my current car).
Now my lease is going to end in Feb and still trying to figure out the best decision.
Please help!!

Car: 2020 Volvo XC40 T5 AWD
Mileage: 11k (Leased for 36k)
Buyout: $31000
Online offer: ~ $33000

I do like my current car currently don’t drive much (like 1-2 times/biweekly).
Currently thinking about:

1. Buyout and keep (Still need to finance)
  2. Buyout and sell (Volvo doesn’t allow third-party buyout)

You’re 15 days late for a good deal on Volvo, unfortunately.

Get third-party buyout quotes as if you own it, to see how much equity you might have. Keep in mind you have to pay sales tax on buyout.

If you like it, I’d probably keep it - it’s under warranty for 48m/48k miles

1 Like

Also, plus point - if you like Volvo, it doesn’t have Android Auto, so that makes it a keeper vs. getting a new Volvo.

1 Like

I think you meant Android Automotive. Android Auto is the CarPlay competitor, Android Automotive is the in-car OS that can now run either Android Auto or CarPlay along with your phone. The branding genii should have gone back to the drawing board on those names, they are fucking confusing.

I really thought I was getting a Volvo again this past December, and was leaning heavily toward an S60 Recharge because they still have Sensus. I’m a Google shareholder, but I also don’t use Chrome anymore and don’t want their OS in my car.

2 Likes

True, I guess I should have said “AAOS.” I’m a Pixel user, so I use Android Auto in my S60! :wink:

I also was supposed to get a new S60 recharge, and Volvo corporate promised me one of the first allocations, but it never manifested, and I didn’t want a car without Amber. I’d suggest OP just considers buying out the XC40.

1 Like

The new system is way better than Sensus imo. Everything is more simplified. Google maps has been implemented very nicely as well. Lack of drive modes is a bummer though

1 Like

I beg to differ, but everyone has their own opinions. I really liked having things like the odometer on the dash, current gas mileage, radio station, etc. I also much prefer the sensus menu where you can toggle through media selection, your call list, etc.

My XC60 is a giant lemon in general though, so that’s a whole other issue!

3 Likes

Totally understand why you or someone else might feel that way. I’ve used AAOS quite a bit, but I prefer Sensus.

Whose XC60 isn’t a lemon these days. :no_mouth:

1 Like

I have two 2019‘s, and a 2020 in the extended family that have been great

1 Like

Some people love them. Mine just has some really crazy issues. I can’t even change the radio station in it! As one friend put it, the car is powered by Gremlins.

3 Likes

I would consider buying it out. The Volvo will still have some warranty left and you can get an extended warranty for that Peace of Mind :laughing:. It has very low mileage, which is nice.

The question becomes do you like your Volvo or not? Also, are there any CPO models in your nearby area that would be equivalent in price/cheaper than your current buyout?

It’s so funny how people have such different opinions on this. I would never give up sensus for new android. I find sensus so easy to use and can do it all with minimal distractions from the road. It was a large reason to buy out 19 XC90 RD vs get a new one. It’s now at 60k miles and no issues. Also have a V90 (80k miles), XC60, and S60 all with Sensus. It’s such a personal preference thing.

3 Likes

Same question being asked over and over again.

1 Like

Not in VA…

3 Likes

Every day there is someone born who has never heard of the Flintstones, or realized that message boards have a search function :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Mine isn’t.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.