2020 Volvo S60 T6M - What next?

Costco is back! Numbers are looking better this month.

ouch that hurts.

do a 5 mo program with me. I am less than 400 a month with less than 1k out of pocket!

shameless plug

You guys are probably fine. Seemed alright when I contacted you guys. Glen cove and karp are wack though

I sent you a message. Thx.

I got an awesome deal on an AWD S60 via a Care by Volvo lease. It was better than anything I saw on LH.

Can’t wait to do this again in 5 months…

It should be the same as 5 months deals offered by a LI dealer here.

It should. But unfortunately it’s not.

Care by Volvo should be the same in the same state, I think? It’s not up to an individual dealer to set the price. Am I wrong?

One dealer told me they were sold out, although there were unsold S60s on the lot.

Another, just yesterday, told me that Volvo changed the program and they wouldn’t be able to get the first three months taken care of. They offered to cut me a check for an amount less than 3 months, but the effective monthly payment would have been ~$600.

Whatever dealer is telling you that Volvo changed the program is straight up lying. Volvo never offered free months. The dealers took it upon themselves to cut back checks to customers. Very sketchy IMO. Volvo will likely start paying dealers less on care by Volvo seeing as dealers already have the appetite to make less money on them. You’d get one of these cheap 5 month deals and then be SOL when the 5 months is up.

Can’t wait for this to happen. Blatant abuse of the program to burn excess inventory. And it’s massively shortsighted.

1 Like

The sales manager I’m friendly with here in Virginia heard about it and laughed because he thought of the fit accounting would throw with the request to cut checks back. He also thought it was illegal due to banking regulations. It’ll be interesting to see how these dealers navigate all of the angry customers that come back in 5 months expecting the same deal.

That last sentence is why I’m not doing them. Don’t want to hear from people, unless it’s once every 3 years.

2 Likes

I hope that people don’t think that this will be easy to replicate in 5 months. For me it’s providing a bridge which is what I wanted.

What is Volvo going to do with all of these cars once a lot of them come back in 5 months?

Dealers will either CPO and resell them, or they’ll go to auction.

Picked up my car today. $950/month and the first three are “on the house”. Effective payment of $380/month over five months.

If they wrote you a check for three months of payments that is technically income for you and you’d need to report it on your taxes. So shady that these dealers are doing this.

They cannot be bought back by the dealer when they are returned. This technically is an abuse of the CBV program. They’re going to smack the dealers who are doing it.

3 Likes

As hard, or harder than they did to dealers rebating customers?