2020 Tundra SR5 offroad

I can not get anywhere near that payment. What dealership did you go to?

Are the dealership(s) you’ve been talking to using US Bank or TFS?

You did great on discount too at about 11.5% off before the $3k rebate

@Doggo what state was this in?

Im in Massachusetts. None of them use US Bank. I think i will need to go out of state

Congrats on a great 5 minute deal :+1:

I went to Edmunds to find rebates. KS/MO and I think KY were all offering 3k. I’m sure plenty more were but those were states I had reasons to go to. I would send an email/phone and ask if they use usbank and then follow up if they can do xxx price. One of the recent threads had a great post with all the MF and residuals for every toyota. Tundra and Tacoma Leases in Texas!

KS and MO are in same region as TX is in

Did you end up having issues with this one funding?

No, unless something happens after closing?

All right, here is a deal.

If the last person interacting with the customer on the desk before he takes his cars and trucks away, which is the Finance and Insurance Manager prints and hands out the contract, there is no way that you, the customer, don’t get the deal funded.

Dealers use either Route One or Dealertrack, which is their gather-system for all the different banks, so Finance Director can submit the application for approval and it usually it auto-pops right away.

Finance Director who sits in the back from the back and guides F&I Managers how to structure the deal, checks the credit score, debt-income ratio first, before even submitting a specific application for an approval with Captive Banks for the approval.

So, there is literally like 98% of approval when F&I Manager prints the contract and hands it out to you. Other 2% is when some stuffs are missing, such as work information, income information on the credit application and banks are usually lenient about giving them second chances, so that all the gray areas can be covered. And yes, banks know when something does not match, or is fishy.

I’ve been seeing this thing for a quite awhile where contracts are posted and are vividly seen here and are still suspecting and asking if it has funded.

So, yes, FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST, it is approved and ready for the funding because they submit their application before you, the customer even sets a foot into the office.

But just like @jrouleau had said, some deals have the lowest payment under $100/month because of the high residual and if the bank wants to take that specific deal, they will, but under certain circumstance on an instance that will not allow that to be replicated.

Hope I answered some of the question.

Thanks and have a great day.

Thanks for the response. Yes, some people act like something could fall apart after the deal is done. Seems unlikely. Is there ever money moving around between parties that wouldn’t show up on the paperwork, like you would see in the insurance and prescription drug business? I feel like I got a very good deal, although I’m pretty sure there was some money left on the table.

Yeah, there is no doubt that you got a great deal! Congratulations!

It’s a doggone good deal!

one dealer told me usbank changes their RV and MF every friday. Is that really true?

There’s also issues with the dealer not having experience working with a particular bank and don’t have the appropriate defaults loaded into the computer. When I got my :taco: the dealer did not have the dispo fee or over mileage number plugged in, I was too busy looking at the payment, sales price etc to notice, needless to say I eventually had to resign. It ended up being a bonus in my case because the dealer made my second payment due to the contract getting to the bank so late.

But it’s not the bank’s fault. The dealer did not know what specifics they were getting into. Now they have learned, it should streamline from there

I’m shocked how little some dealers read through programs or utilize the online tools, when I was in the biz I read through everything and tried to do whatever I could to get an extra deal or make a couple extra bucks. I’ve seen this first hand at local Toyota and BMW stores, nobody could be bothered to read through the programs and know what they can do. Oh well, that’s what this place is for!

1 Like

Agreed 100%, @joeblogs

No one but me reads them at my store. So basically I learn the months program and have to explain it in the Friday meeting :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It always reassures me that if all goes wrong in my life, I could always go back to slinging rides.

2 Likes