2020 Tundra SR5 CM Off Road Package - US Bank - Help me weigh options

Looking for opinions on this lease ending January 2022. Texas based.

First the truck - I LOVE it. Mostly just having a truck.
2 year/10k per year/ put $0 down/ $305 per month (sweet deal, right!)?

In a perfect world I would just love to roll into the same deal for a new Tundra. BUT as I’m sure you all know - looks next to impossible. So I’m weighing some options - feel free to suggest things I’m missing:

1. Downsize to a Taco - I also really like the Tacos but would need to be at least a TRD off road, trail SE, or TRD Pro (I do actually take my trucks off road). I still think it would be hard to get an equivalent deal that I have on the Tundra now.

2. Buy the Tundra (cash) - sell it to Carvana/Carmax, and put that difference down on another Tundra or Taco. I think this window may have closed however. A few months ago Carmax quoted 48k, and US Bank would sell it cash to me for 42-43k’ish. However online Carmax no longer gives me a quote and carvana now says 40k. Maybe the used Tundra market has cooled off?

3. Say f@#k it - turn in the Tundra lease and go car-less until the microchip stuff gets sorted out and deals get better.

P.S. I’m not married to Toyota - but I am to a truck. So open to ideas on other brands. Thx in advance. Love this forum.

Option 4 - Forgot I need to call US Bank and see if they will extend the lease. Anyone with experience?

Not much advice to add here, but wanted to comment because I’m almost exactly in the same boat you are. Mine’s a TSS, $307/mo, and ends in March. LOL!

Same feedback with the third-party quotes as well. They’ve gone down quite a bit, although I think selling it back to a Toyota dealer might still be an option. I’m likely taking mine to Carmax, and a local dealer this weekend to see what’s up.

As far as options, the new lease numbers for Gladiators look promising, specially if a dealer is willing to accept affiliate discounts. There’s a thread about this on the Share a deal sub-forum you might want to check out if you’re interested.

The other option for me is a Camaro, but that ship might have sailed already. At least in Texas, it’s been my experience.

Anyways, I’d be interested to hear what you decide to do. Best of luck!

1 Like

They overloaded themselves with Tundras that they can’t sell now. When I was debating on selling Tundra to Carvana, they had like 5 for sale. I sold to them for $50,8xx. They were asking $52,9xx but now are already down to $50,9xx. But being overpriced, they are still $2k above MSRP, I see why they aren’t selling.

I say extend out the lease if you can. Or place an order now for something new and maybe by time you are done with this Tundra your new vehicle will be ready and you’ll hopefully still have equity left to get something out of trading it. Even though US Bank will charge 3rd party pricing to dealer

2 Likes

Had a similar deal at 241 month (233 without tax) and I sold mine in June for 50 and it took them until last week to sell it for 50. That said, you only owe 43 on a car that it would cost 50 to replace. I’d ride out the lease, probably extend and see where you are. Only reason I sold mine was I had a 3rd car(a new JLUR wrangler I ordered for 13% off in May)

USB offers lease extension for up to 6 months with additional mileage. Just extended mine for 2 months to find more options.

I appreciate the input all. This new 2022 Tundra is not all that inspiring either.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.