2020 Toyota Tacoma- New to leasing

Hi There!
New to the forum and ended up here because my husband and I are considering a lease on a 2020 Toyota Tacoma. Neither of us have leased before and after reviewing a number of posts here, I’m thinking I can get a much better deal. These are the only numbers the dealership (In Virginia) offered us on our initial visit. I’m seeing now I need more information about the money factor etc., but at the very least what can we improve on here?

I can get you one for low 200s with Va tax. 33,500 msrp. 4x4 v6

5 Likes

@Jrouleau426 is the Toyota man, ditch everything and have him get you a better truck for cheaper. It’s a no brainer.

4 Likes

Welcome!

Plenty of threads here on Taco deals, I think you can do better. You want to find a dealer that also offers US Bank leases for that sweet sweet residual.

When you do score one: have the dealership write you a check for the trade equity from your Pueblo Gold Clear-coat Metallic Explorer and don’t pay any more than the upfronts (personally I’d roll it all in).

Good luck!

1 Like

Stop making stuff up. Wait…what? Ford needs to fire the color naming guy.

1 Like

@TacomaQuestions reach out to @Jrouleau426 It’s just that easy.

Already quoted them around $220/mo! Trade in is prob only worth $500 so they might as well just sell that on Craigslist. If it runs you can always get $1000

1 Like

It’s a 2004

1 Like

Please do a quick search in the forum for Tacoma.

Read thru as many thread as you can to get an idea of “very attainable” prices from dealer who work non-captive banks.

If not then just workvwith the broker @jrouleau426.

Good Luck!

1 Like

You’ll want to target the Toyota Tacoma SR V6 4x4 Automatic transmission at the very least to take advantage of it’s fantastic residual. Good luck.

1 Like

Adding to this since it seemed relatable to me, I got a lease for a Taco Trd OR 4wd.

Im in CA, reached out to a dealer out of state and got a lease quote, as follows:
MSRP 42003

down to 39,900

36month/12k miles

1,299 at signing (first payment, registration/tags etc)

MF: .00231 (5.4%)

Residual: 31,802

Looking at 425 month with taxes.

They can do better right? that Money factor is pretty high (5.4%), car got to $39,900 just from the dealer cutting the price on it, this isn’t including the 1750 rebate from Toyota, Salesmen stated that the rebate can not be applied to a lease, is this correct?? I find that hard to believe, granted the dealer is in Oregon and I’m in CA, not sure if those rebate rules change based on state. Another thing working against me is the color I’m looking for is hard to find, so I’m limited with options.

First time looking to lease, any feedback would be appreciated!

doing a lease to buy option FYI.

First, finance through US bank. Then you get the rebate. Ask, US bank has better RV and probably MF too. Could look into Ally bank, but that deal right now is awful.

1 Like

Also, the better Tacoma model to lease is the SR or SR5. Look at the tundra SR5 too. Got mine for $275/month 24/10.

1 Like

Since you’re new here and you’re in California I’ll let you in on a secret.

@Cody_Carter

1 Like

This, this, this. Cody has been an awesome source of Toyota info! Hit that man up! If he has anything, he’ll most likely annihilate that.

1 Like

Sold out of 4x4 :frowning: Hoping to have more mid june

As nicotine addicts say, that’s a fat rip. Sorry to hear that, hope our Covid inventory worries are over soon.

Thanks for the feedback, are you saying the rebate can only apply if going through USbank?
Im really stuck on them saying that the Rebate can not be applied on a lease.
Is that set to the dealer’s discretion?

The $1750 rebate is available on leases through US Bank . Find another dealer If the one you are talking to is telling you otherwise. The numbers that you have been given are awful. Like others have said, you are better off looking at an SR or SR5 model.

Does any really need 4x4s in Cali?