2020 Tacoma transfer question

I leased (24m/12k) a 2020 Tacoma SR5 in December 2019. Because of my current and expected long-term remote work situation, I don’t actually need or use it much. I’m paying $295+tax/mo through US Bank. Given that someone could easily get a new one through Jim for the same price, is it realistic to think someone would want mine for the same price since it only has 16 months and 19k miles left. Philly area.

I think a lot of it depends on location and market

If you’re in a place where another buyer would need to consider a big shipping bill, you have an advantage

And you could also post on SAL where folks aren’t watching the deal threads like we are

1 Like

But they’re saving the broker fee so there’s savings there. It would depend on what other costs are included & what’s going on currently in the taco inventory world.

Good luck.

Just sell it on swapalease and ask for $1000 down. It’ll sell. There’s not much under $300 that won’t sell fast there

1 Like

Thanks Jim. I just am hoping someone will pay the transfer/app fees.

It’s $200 for a premium listing on swapalease. Or I think you can get basic for $100.

Email Danielle and tell her Jim sent you. She will take care of you. DReynolds@swapalease.com

The buyer will pay the $150 application fee and the $500 transfer fee. It will sell fast.

1 Like

Another option may be to see what the truck is worth on Carvana. Is it possible you are slightly positive on equity? My 2019 off-road 4 x 4 is positive on equity but its through TFS. That said, I have seen some posts noting that US Bank may not sell to Carvana…

Yea I think unfortunately you are screwed on selling it to Carvana/Vroom/Carmax as I believe US Bank doesn’t allow 3rd party buyouts. Which sucks because you probably have equity on the truck with this market. Like others have mentioned, I think it will go pretty fast on Swapalease.