2020 Tacoma Sport on SAL - Is this a fair deal?

Hello Hackrs!

This is my first time posting here, though I did research on here the last time I did a private lease swap on SAL. I am in the market for a truck and I have decided on a Tacoma as my first choice. However, I am hoping for a swap for a shorter lease term and hopefully a better deal than I can score at a dealership.

For background, I am based in NorCal but will be moving out of state soon (not sure where but likely TX or CO). I saw this listing for a 2020 Tacoma on SAL that I am interested in. I am not familiar with the wheel package on it, though the current lessee claims it was dealer installed.

Can the hive mind tell me whether this is a fair deal in today’s climate? Would I be better off going to a dealer for a new lease? My credit score is very good. I apologize for not having other specifics typical in such questions, such as MSRP, discount to MSRP, RV, MF, etc.

Thank you in advance!
B

Doesn’t seem like a good deal. I’d just hoof it down to OC and get a Taco from @Cody_Carter.

You can find his deals from https://retracauto.com/explore-cars/

2 Likes

It’s fully loaded! It must be a good deal!

Effective ~600 monthly payment for a taco is not a good deal from what you can get yourself or especially via a broker/dealer on here

Terrible deal

Mm yeah I also reached out to so many different dealerships in SoCal n one guy he was able to put together this
2021 trd off road Tacoma short bed
Green army
Msrp: 40,401
Down payment: 1100
Money factor: .00125
Payment with gap insurance: 470
No gap insurance :420
Term 36 months 12k miles a year

I’m debating weather to get it or not since it seems like I can’t get anyone to beat these numbers also I think maybe it better if I was able to get a 2020 since I think those have 1000 rebates lmk what u guys think

$50 x 36 for Gap? Is this right?

You might want to call your insurance company instead of plunking down $600/yr on Gap.

Oh that would be be better how do I do that? And what do you think of the deal is it good or should I just buy it the monthly payment if I buy it is like 850 for 5 years

Just call Progressive / AAA / Geico and ask for Gap Coverage.
Most companies offer it.

$1800 for Gap coverage seems very excessive and a RETAIL $ to me.

Jeez $600/yr, that’s almost my entire insurance for my current leased vehicle.

The deal looks fine, it matches what Cody is offering here.
Of course the rule is ‘you can do better’ but that’s up to you on how long you want to negotiate this.

I am at $399 on 36/12k in TX on 2021s! How the hell did you get $420 in CA?

None of insurance companies offer full GAP! They cover like 20%-30%, but not full.

I dont understand this. Hes not getting an exotic which drops 50% upon driving off the lot. His car is expected to drop 20%. In fact does he need it in year 3? And gap insurance is more like $100 a year right?

$795 for 5-6 years

Well so far I think Cody has done the best I think I could try to get the 1000 cash back if I can find a 2020 mm but also 400including taxes for a 2021 trd off road 4x4 short bed ? Colors I was looking for was cement , blue, or army green well I got the 50 dollar gap insurance amount from a diff dealership then the one that gave me the best numbers so far I’m from Southern California so idk I just assumed after that that it is 50 bucks for gap insurance also well I called about 20 diff dealerships most of them are like you got those numbers you should take it so it’s either they tell me we match it but no one actually has beat the numbers so far here in what I’ve researched.

And you saw his offer of $1800 for 3 years right?

Yeah, I don’t know what is up with that

That’s a horrible deal. Have you looked at @Jrouleau426 ‘s broker thread?

Taco’s earlier in the year were fantastic deals.
Now with supply low…not as good.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my noob question. @ThroneSmasher: I am seeing similar deals from RetracAuto, which seem to be the best in CA. Just my $0.02

I’m leasing my 2020 Tacoma Off Road 4x4 in Central California with Ally
MSRP: $44,922
36 months 12k miles
$444 month with tax
$414 pre tax
$0 due at signing
I’m looking to transfer my lease if you might be interested.

Ally is not processing transfers according to posts here