2020 Sentra lease

Just wanted to look at the new 2020 Sentra sv just to see the difference. Poor sales kid had no idea about anything. He quoted $249 with $2995 down! Then came back with just $249. When asked for details such as cap cost money factor residual he said he didn’t know. Poor kid had no clue about anything. He just kept saying is the $249 good ? Is it good? There can’t be that stupid people who fall for this.

I would say most people who are new to leasing are just trying to fit a number in a budget. I’m sure if I found the papers my wife’s first rogue was a terrible deal since she just wanted a car under $300/mo AND she traded her car in on the deal. Luckily it was a VW lemon so maybe it was fine.

It’s like people who buy stuff on the internet without searching for coupon codes. Some people prefer time over money and haggling, let alone understanding the complex math behind their lease just isn’t of interest.

Are you asking a question about the deal, or making a statement about incompetence? Most sales staff don’t have a clue about lease numbers…it’s not their job to know. They just play middleman to the sales manager, unless they are allowed to desk their own deals.

1 Like

The Sentra existing should be proof enough that some people will fall for anything

6 Likes

FWIW I saw a base 2019 Sentra for $176/month with just first month due at signing on RODO in the Chicago suburbs.

dont waste time on the 20 sentra right now. it’s overpriced. let it sit there until corporate realizes that it won’t sell, and then it’ll be priced exactly where the old one was.

2 Likes

As a 18 year Nissan customer I am unsure what they are currently doing right. Can not wait to hand over my current Nissan lease.

Nothing. They’ve turned into an embarassment of bargain basement appliances like Mitsubishi while the Korean brands spent the past decade building superior cars and establishing their place in the market.

I still look at Mitsubishis on the road and think “how did they fall for this”. They’ll all be Suzuki before they know it.

1 Like

From all of us at Leasehackr, our deepest condolences.

3 Likes

Haha :laughing: only a couple more months

My current car is a Maxima SL which I’m leasing for $325/mo with $325 DAS. My previous car was an Altima S which was $185/mo with $185 DAS. They were both solid, reliable cars and the Maxima still has a lot going for it. It has a ton of features, comfortable ride, is fairly speedy, has the best seats I’ve ever sat in for long rides, has a well placed easy to use system with knobs knobs, and I still enjoy looking at it every time i walk up to the car. I’m ready for a change now and Nissan/Infiniti have absolutely nothing to offer. I’m about to downsize to an A5 sportback and I’m not looking back.

we just leased this for my niece. We needed it ASAP and delivered, so we didn’t get the greatest price but it’s a very nice car for the money and looks like a smaller maxima, nothing like the old ones silly look.

The car has the luxury package or whatever they called it. Nice leather and Apple play.
We rolled every cent in and I think it was 275 plus first month and that’s it. I would imagine I could have gotten it for low 200s but we needed it that day.

Curious what an actual food price would be?