2020 Scat Pack Lease

Not early they were never purchased as a daily driver, and in the Northeast you cant drive the car in even a half inch of snow.

I will never purchase used Hellcat or recommend to anyone buying one, people pretty much destroy these type of cars within first 2 years. Definitely agree with Lazarus.

Hey thanks for sharing

Find the invoice on nada and shoot for 5% below invoice, you won’t get there, dealers will laugh but eventually someone will give you 2-4% below invoice.

Without winter tires these cars are useless in rain not to mention snow, with all seasons or winter tires there’s no traction for the car.

Pick your poison, this is definitely a car for warm/mild climates or summer/weekend car.

Seeing as you tagged California you don’t have to worry about these issues.

1 Like

Second this and shoot for regions where the snow may impact a quicker sale.

1 Like

There are good used hellcats, the issue is that they are so far few and between, you have to do a lot of research to understand what to look for. It’s honestly not worth obsessing over a car like that.

@JD81 has a idea great imo, used hellcat at 45k with low miles + extended warranty on a well taken care car is the best value out there, these cars are nearing a flat point for their depreciation, it wouldn’t be too far out of the realm of possibility to sell one 3 years down the road for a 6-8k loss, but not at the covid prices they are now.

Private sale when the prices normalize might be a better route than a clueless dealer.

Also in Sacramento area and looking for a Scat Pack (Challenger). Will probably have to wait a half year or year. Maybe hit up the snow region dealers during winter.

Has anyone ever tried negotiating a “group buy” for cars? I know there are a ton of variable factors dependent on other people that may cause the whole thing to fall apart, but theoretically, is there any reason a dealer would turn down, say 4 instant sales/orders in exchange for a low low selling price?

They happen occasionally here

On a volume loser like the Dart was? Unlikely.

On something that usually sells for MSRP or higher, that puts front-and-back-end gross on the books, like the Scatpack? Unlikely. Their allocations for those models are much much lower, so dealers want to maximize their profit per unit.

I’d be interested in trying but like the next guy said if we’re trying to get under list price, I doubt it.

Had to share this. Lustine Dodge in Woodbridge.

Asking MSRP + $1495 for a Scat Pack.

1 Like

Haha I got offered MSRP + 20k for TRX preorder. CDJR dealers are fun.

1 Like