2020 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic Lease

I’m trying to get one in the DFW area for the same and I have equity in my trade in and they will not budge.

PMed you few mins ago

1 Like

Velar RDynamic P340 … Would love to know your thoughts on this deal

This Is not a deal I would have taken. However honestly it’s pretty good versus what you would probably find all year round. Aafter reading and listening to other posters and forums seems like LR dealers truly are greedy and arrogant snobs. This offer is closest I’ve seen to a reasonable discount and overall deal structure other than my deal. I must have really lucked out on my deal.

1 Like

Yeh I was reading your post and you got super lucky. Color / Package I want are hardly available anywhere

Wondering how you negotiated with dealer ? Any tips

1 Like

Went in Nov 3, and Told GSM up front i needed $579 payment with $0 down and $0 due at signing. He looked at me like I had psychiatric issues. Genuinely asked the classic where did you get that payment from, and i then pulled out my laptop. Had my spreadsheet saved on laptop breaking down everything from msrp to the final payment and how it was all calculated. More importantly, highlighting the residual, buy rate MF, discount, full tax credits and lease incentive available.

He then looked at me like he saw a ghost and went back and said how do you expect buy rate MF and 12K off? And that he can show me invoice on the car. I told him in not interested in invoice or holdback because regardless of what that is, the car has depreciated. Its common sense that its a whole year old vehicle and so we have to figure out what i think its worth versus what dealer thinks. He came back with his only 1 worksheet at $625 with $1500 due at signing. I walked up and left.

Next day GM sent me an offer with $599 with $1500 due at signing. I said $599 with $0 due and he said nope - no more room. I didnt blink and agreed to his deal and filled out credit app online.

Could I have saved maybe another $1000-$2000? Maybe if i waited till mid to end of the month but then i risked losing out on tax credits and vehicle color and trim etc. but i didnt want to risk the color, options on what they had. LR gets very limited tax credits from the state…its almsot like forbiden fruit. Plus they seem to have very limited number of velars and these sell like hot cakes for just about every dealer and they get get close to full pop on them maximizing delaer profit. The color is what i was looking for and the black r dynamic pack and black roof and tech package was all a bonus and i got lucky this suv was sitting there. They had 6 base and 7 velar r dynamics at the start of the month in November. I took delivery Nov 4. on Nov 17/18 they sold all their r dynamics and still have the 6 base.

The most shocking thing in all this is that no dealer in the state wanted to even come close to this deal…the next dealer was $4000 apart on a $65K Msrp r-dynamic on the same deal structure. And even crazier is that dealers still are trying to get full msrp (or discounting close to nothing) and think that 2020 velars havent depreciated and treating them like they are gold.

6 Likes

Sounds like you did :slightly_smiling_face:
Congrats, enjoy your car.

2 Likes

Hey bud, anyway you can pm me the dealer name, interested

Can you PM me the dealer and contact? Thanks man.

Congrats. Solid deal.

Anyone pulling a similar deal?

I had an overwhelmingly amount of PMs on this deal…the dealer stated they wont do this deal again for 2 reasons:

1. no taxecredits left if you are a texas resident so that in itself kills the deal by $3K-$4K
  2. if you want to work with this dealer and have them ship it to your state, they will not do anything close to $9-10K off even if you are ok with your state taxes and shipping. Reason they told me was you will never get your vehicle serviced in texas so dealer has no way of recovering some of that money. They are not motivated in blowing a unit out knowing they wont ever get it back for service. With me they know im going to come back to him.’

some more pics of the second wife attached =)

Oh I also negotiated and got 3 free details and 3 free gas fillups and a $100 bomber jacket from the gift shop. They wouldn’t give me complimentary maintenance so I guess this was good

Apparently no LR dealer gives any freebies regardless of how good or bad the deal was.

How much maintenance would you need to do for them to recoup? Especially on a new car? I would think about 6 oil changes?

No idea. Why?

1 Like

Wonder he would care me to bring to his dealership, if it’s a new car. What difference would it really make and how much would he really recoup from your deal.

It’d be unheard of for a RR to need a bunch of high paying warranty work :rofl:

4 Likes