2020 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic HSE Lease - Looking for advice

Hello everyone! Unfortunately, someone hit my Infiniti Q60 RS400 this week and totaled my car so I’m looking at a Velar! I’ve leased one car before but I’m not an expert. I’ve tried to read all the posts but I’m kinda on information overload at this point!

I received a quote at $1099.18/month without taxes and $1,132.16/month with taxes ($32.98) for a 2020 Velar R-Dynamic HSE P380 V6. I live in Charlotte, NC. $3000 due at signing for a 39/15k lease, 53% residual, .00099%, my dad always said never accept the first offer so I’m asking for your advice on how I can get a better deal (lower payment and deal overall). Can I do better?

I think they should come off the MSRP more but I’ve heard it’s unlikely. I read about the USEF Member discount and will join that before I go back (learned from this site here) :-)Any advice/tips are appreciated. Are residual values negotiable? I know MF is.

MSRP $86,218.00

• less 2.32% ($2,000) discount
  • less ($1,000) Rebate
  • added dealer (Tint and Nitro) ($449.00)

Sales price $83,667.00

• add other fees, etc. $921.85
  • add Dir Admin Fee $699.00
  • less down payment $3,000.00 (includes first payment)
    Adjusted Cap Cost = $81,588.85

Thank you in advance and sorry If my questions are novice-ish or if I’ve missed something already covered in another post.

1 Like

Money Factor is excellent. This makes for a great lease.

Not enough discount off the MSRP. 2% off does not make for a good lease. Look for more off. Lots more. At least 10%

Why are you paying full retail price for the dealer installed options? You don’t get to keep those, since you’re not keeping the car. If those are not included free, then forget it.

Can you get away with a smaller down payment?

Hey so these “dealer installed” are already installed i.e., tint and nitrogen filled tires. They said they do this for all vehicles so it cannot be removed.

To your point, certainly more of a discount is needed. And reason for money down, just want to keep my payment below 1,150. This was the compromise since they would not give more of a discount but certainly something I will bring up.

Thanks,

JM

I’ve never leased/purchased a Rover before. But from what I’ve read on here dealers typically do not discount them much. Especially if it’s a nicer model like what you’ve illustrated. The one in your pics is definitely not a base vehicle.

I would touch base with a broker if anything. You may have to expand your search area as well. Definitely look into a few hundred miles as there maybe a better deal in an area that has more dealers/more competition.

Check RR North Atlanta. They deal.

Look at a broker, my friend was quoted 1700 for one and a broker told him 1500 for the same exact car.