2020 Ram 1500 Night Edition lease (newbie)

Greetings,

Below is a link to a deal I got offered on a 2020 Ram. This will be my first lease. It’s difficult to ascertain if I’m getting a good, fair, or bad deal. My state is Michigan.

I’ve gotten quotes from 2 dealers, this is the cheaper of the two by about $50 a month. Any insights?

Thanks!

leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Ram&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=50155&sales_price=45104&months=36&mf=0.0035&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=696&taxed_inc=8750&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=62&reg_fee=31&sales_tax=6&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

Stop talking to dealers until you know how to determine this. Talking to a dealer is for finding one that’ll do the deal you’re targeting, not for finding out how much a vehicle should cost. I’d recommend you take a step back and spend some time doing a lot more learning before moving forward.

The MF on this deal is the worst I have ever seen. Do you have poor credit? I’m guessing this is through a third party bank , but even still, that’s REALLY high.

1 Like

If you are flexible in the type of truck you are looking for, I posted a great offer on a lease transfer of a GMC Canyon Denali 4x4 Crew Cab earlier today. Also in Michigan. Payment is only $274 plus tax monthly. Does require money down.

I should restate that; have a general idea of deal value just based on reading posts here and talking to people I know who have similar trucks, I just don’t understand the nuance.

Regarding the MF, we also thought that was crazy high. It’s through Ally. I have excellent credit, in the 800s. The only thing we could come up with was that they were trying to make their money back from the employee pricing and rebates they gave me. But it does seem absurd.

A general idea still isn’t really enough. You really should know to the dollar of what your threshold for a “good deal” is. The problem with asking us vs calculating that out yourself is we have no idea what your specific situation is as far as lease terms, incentives, etc.

Right now, if I were in your shoes, I’d be spending 100% of my calories trying to sort out what ally’s buy rate is and how much they’re marking up that mf. Knowing the discount is completely useless if you don’t know how much they’re just transferring into the MF mark up bucket.

This is nothing new with Ally there MF has always been high but they usually have higher RV and more lease cash.

There’s typical high for Ally and then there’s .0035. That’s pretty crazy even by their standards.

Dealer is most likely fattening they pockets as well.

Well yes, but that needs to be quantified to evaluate the deal.

Why not just get a great Tundra from @Jrouleau426?

Ram is nice, but the Toyota trucks are doing really well right now.

I actually love Toyota more than any other and currently drive a Tacoma.The Tundras just get terrible gas mileage and are technologically behind the Rams in terms of amenities. But if I was going to buy a new vehicle, it would definitely be a Toyota.

Right now, if I were in your shoes, I’d be spending 100% of my calories trying to sort out what ally’s buy rate is and how much they’re marking up that mf.

How would I do that?

Unfortunately, Ally makes this a bit more difficult. You can’t just go to edmunds and ask. So you’d be on the mercy of the dealer telling you (I’d directly ask them how much they’re marking up the mf), finding a dealer/broker here to give you a peek behind the curtain, or cross shopping other dealers in your area that also use Ally.

1 Like