2020 Ram 1500 Laramie $544 /mo. $1k Down

Been working my butt off trying to hack a light-duty truck for the last month. While these aren’t final papers by any means these are the numbers we have agreed upon online and I wanted to share.

It’s a 1500 LARAMIE CREW CAB 4X4 6’4 BOX Crew Cab 5.7 Hemi w/ eTorque. Has the 4-corner Air Suspension, Laramie Level 2 group, 33 gal. fuel tank, Sport Apperance, Advanced Safety Group, Trailer Tow group, Pwr running boards and 12" screen. It’s basically as close to the Limited as you can get but $4k less.

MSRP: $66,120
Final Sale Price incl. incentives: $55,800
Monthly Payment: $544
Drive-Off Amount: $2,229
Months:42
Annual Mileage:10k
MF: .00030
Residual:53%
Incentives:2,000
Region:West?
Leasehackr Score:10.1 Years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=none&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=66200&sales_price=57800&months=42&mf=.000300&dp=1000&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=2000&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=53&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=6.5&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

What do you guys think? Any advice on how to make sure dealer sticks to the agreed upon numbers other than the standard no add-ons at signing?

I’m worried they’re going to change their mind simply because I’ve talked to at least 8 other dealers, every brand of truck and this is by far the best off MSRP cap cost I’ve gotten by about $5k during this crazy Covid time. Most other dealers just point-blank says they might knock $1k off MSRP for a lease but nothing more.

Any help would be appreciated. Been on the forum for a while now but this is my first hack attempt.

Is this with GM conquest? MF might be marked up slightly but not sure what state your in and I prolly don’t have the numbers for 42/10 there.

If it’s without GM conquest it’s good for this month tbh on that high price of a truck but I’d be a bit worried about 42 months. I opted for 36 on mine so that I’m not out of warranty during the lease. If you have GM conquest id maybe try to wiggle them a bit lower. Lowering the MF will do that if it’s suppose to be .00024 for T1 like it was here (NY).

For ref mine was 522, first month due at signing, 36/10k, 62k laramie, GM conquest and lease conquest Northeast. Theres a few other deals recently on the board as well. The 55k laramies seem to be the easiest to get discounted as I had a bunch of them on rodo for decent prices as well.

A lil off topic.
How do you like these compared with the Sierra Denali?

@purz
It isn’t a GM conquest, no. I have a Ford but they said they might be able to get some discounts on for that but since I don’t have the actual paperwork yet not sure if they did.

That’s good to know on the MF. I’m in Utah so it may be slightly different but I will double check with Edmunds. My original ask on the forum was for a Limited EcoDiesel but MF on that for 36/10k was .00125.

Thanks so much for the info to see where I compare to others. Seems like I should be able to get to these numbers and potentially a little less.

@planelove -
I like the Sierra Denali and saw their deal for a 2WD @ $499 but when contacting dealers they pretty much laughed at me asking for anything less than MSRP for final sale price on a 4WD. Said it was never going to happen. Out of 4 dealers that I emailed/talked to, the most I got was $1,800 off and there are 0 incentives.

@purz
How long ago did you get yours done? I went into work the deal and just as I suspected, they changed on me. Claimed the amount off of MSRP was based on $4700 in incentives coming from a US Bank lease with a MF of .0029 and only 50% RV so the payment was nearly $900. We switched over to the Chrysler lease with only $2k in incentives and the .00024 MF with 56% RV of the 36, as you had mentioned but the best they could do there was about $650. He went on and on about how wrong the leasehackr calculator is.
The claim was he had no more wiggle room, he was literally breaking even before paying the salesman. Typical dealer talk but I wanted to confirm what incentives you got on the Chrysler lease and if it was this month or if they have changed because I can’t find a dealer willing to get cap cost down where I need it. You sir, did very well from what I have seen.

First rule of leasehackr is that you dont talk about the leasehackr

2 Likes

They might not be lying about breaking even at that price. My deal was wednesday, it was $4750 in incentives with GM and lease conquest + “250” ram coupon which I’m assuming was the dealer holdback cash based on Boston’s post in another thread. So 5k total in incentives on a 62k truck coming out to 523 a month no drive off. Add 3k from the extra incentives of mine and you’re at $606 a mo and with the extra sticker cost I could see it at $650. Might be hard to get a good deal right now without GM conquest. You’re going to have to find a dealer that’s fine with taking a loss and obviously right now volume incentives etc. might be harder for all of them to achieve with current inventory. I almost bought at $550 a month (on a 60k truck) because no one would budge until I told one place I would sign. Then going back through the dealers I was talkin too one got aggressive and gave me more truck, my price and theyre paying for the bullet liner. I think I could’ve squeezed them a bit more but I always seem to get soft at the end of deals and give in a little lol.

Holdback is a lot more than $250 on these trucks

The great deals on CJDR are usually invoice minus all of holdback. Then, getting a dealer to also give up the “Backdoor money” which is basically a bet that they’ll hit a certain target for the month allowing them to get that back plus more. Of course, rebates too but I’m only speaking of dealer contribution.

*Word of advice, I would not go in guns blazing asking for a dealer to give up all of holdback and backdoor money. You’ll look like an @$$hat and I presume they won’t want to do business with you. This is a message meant for people doing a quick read and looking for a fast deal.

The couple hundred of holdback money that I left on the table was to make sure the manager gets paid since they’re on gross as opposed to units.

1 Like