2020 QX60 - What's the issue?

I’m a little confused why I’m not seeing many signed deals on the 2020 QX60 when the monthly payment seems to be $100 or more less than comparable vehicles. I understood why the 2019 model was lagging due to lack of AndroidAuto and some other tech issues. I also understand it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but at these prices, I’m surprised more hackrs aren’t taking the bait.

I’m thinking about pulling the trigger but am scared I’m missing something obvious. Any insights anyone can offer?

2020 QX60 still doesn’t have Android auto support as far I know.

I’m not surprised: It’s stale product. Doesn’t mean there is anything wrong with it if you like the QX60, and you like the deal.

Someone asked the same a day or two ago about the Outlander: they run forever and they lease pretty well. Why aren’t there more LH deals? This demographic isn’t interested in leasing them. Most of the existing QX lessors here seem to say they are fine with the current one but won’t be getting another one.

See the other thread today about lessor’s remorse: don’t lease something because it’s cheap if you don’t like it. But if you like it, go nuts.

2 Likes

It’s not $100/m less than a Highlander which is a very comparable vehicle.

1 Like

It isn’t $100 less than comparable vehicles. It’s very dated and showing its age, and leases about the same as the other vehicles in its class that are very dated and showing their age. Which is fine. It’s a great opportunity to get something inexpensive if that stuff doesn’t matter to you.

1 Like

Valid question. We are on our 2nd lease of the QX60, but my wife is growing weary of the lack of features and technology. Our first was a 2015, and the current is a 2017. At $330/mo, not much can compete in the semi-luxury 3 row SUV lease market. However, we are considering the Mazda CX-9 and Highlander, but both have much smaller interior space.

Unless they make major upgrades to the 2021 QX60, we most likely won’t lease another one. But I still recommend them to people looking in this segment.

1 Like

After seeing a comment in another thread about insurance rates, I checked with my Farmer’s agent about rates for different vehicles. Here is his response:

" Below are the total prorated estimated price changes to your policy (4 months remaining), but remember this is not accurate until I have a VIN. This is quoted identically to your current coverage, and you currently do not have glass coverage. I would recommend this coverage on your BMW and new vehicle that you are purchasing as replacements have become very expensive on newer vehicles. Let me know if you have any questions.

2020 Volvo XC90 T5 FWD - $12.59

2020 Volvo XC90 T8 AWD - $57.99

2020 Infiniti QX60 Luxe - $158.57

2020 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring - $142.55

2020 Kia Telluride SX - $85.58

2020 Volvo V60 CC - $10.82"

So a QX60 will cost me about $35 more per month than an XC90! I’d never even considered this before today. There went a large portion of the savings on the lease. Along with the great insights above, the insurance definitely pushes me over the edge. Thanks for chiming in hackrs.

4 Likes

I concur with many of the reviews here as a QX60 leaser. My parents have the MDX and there are certainly things I think the QX60 does better and vice versa. Personally, I think driver comfort is much better in the QX. I’m 6ft and I can’t get comfortable in the MDX. Knees hit the dash, can’t stretch my legs out, and the seat is hard…

I also had my QX in the shop for a dash rattle and they gave me the new QX50 to drive. It seemed much better in areas where the QX60 could be improved such as upgraded/updated materials and better tech, but I honestly enjoyed getting my QX60 back. I definitely prefer its engine/transmission behavior over the QX50.

If they don’t drastically update the Qx60 by the time I lease again, I doubt I’ll get another one. But time will tell…

1 Like

Yup- pricing gets even more wild if you’re a younger male… was gonna get the QX60 because it was around $75/mo cheaper than the XC60, but insurance was $130+ more per month for the QX60… ended up with the car I wanted more for effectively cheaper.

1 Like

My husband got a Q50 three years ago, and the insurance increase was shocking! I can’t recall specifics, but it was easily $100 more per month than the three-year-old Murano he was replacing. Is this an Infiniti-specific issue? We ended up switching insurance providers, and with a homeowners/umbrella/auto bundle it worked out to be less of an increase , but still a crummy reality.

I haven’t seen much discussion on LH about the cost to insure some of these vehicles (unless I’ve missed it), but it’s definitely another variable to consider in the overall cost picture.

1 Like

It has come up, from time to time. But speaking only for myself, I always get an insurance quote on the new lease under consideration before I commit. No better ice bucket challenge for the high of new car smell than the crashing low of your insurance doubling because this model’s loss ratio or repairability are dismal.

2 Likes

Off topic, but also something to consider when buying a new house. I almost bought a condo but checked my insurance randomly one night before putting down my earnest money deposit… same car, same person, same coverage, nothing new on record… quote went from roughly $150/mo to $1100/mo!! Only around 10 miles between where I was living and where I was considering buying too

1 Like