2020 Porsche Macan, quote seems outrageous

I am attaching the dealer lease sheet, I know porsche’s dont lease well. It seems like quotes Ive recieved from all dealers locally are crazy high compared to the Marketplace deals I have seen. I got a similar monthly payment quote today for a X3M with MSRP of 71k. Is this what people really pay and Im completely off base?

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Macan S
MSRP: $78,780
Monthly Payment: $1420
Drive-Off Amount: $0
Months:39
Annual Mileage:10k
MF:
Residual:
Incentives:2000
Region: Florida

Even for a macan, that’s pretty ridiculous. Not surprised, considering it’s an autonation dealer.

2 Likes

That’s crazy. You could get a stelvio quad for about $1000/ month.

1 Like

That payment is fully protected. Yikes.

1 Like

I’m at a loss on how to even negotiate. As I said, I was given a similar outrageous quote at BMW for an X3M. They have 15 on their lot and haven’t sold one in two weeks according to the sales assistant. I was quoted 1100 dollars (36/10k) for a low option 71k MSRP car. I then mentioned the deals I saw here and the sales guy walked out of the room and never returned.

Stop trying to negotiate at the dealership. Tell them you want numbers over the phone otherwise you have no ammunition. Getting multiple quotes and working back and forth is what it takes. There’s a reason why brokers earn their commission. Trying to do it in person wastes time they’d rather spend on the next busy mom of 3 who walks in happy with $1500 off a base X7. At least over the phone they can haggle with the sales manager in between customers.

3 Likes

If you’ve look at an x3 M, brokers have them for roughly half that number. I can’t figure out why anyone ever leases a Porsche (other than taxes), just buy it.

3 Likes

Thanks yall. The sales people I spoke with were making me feel like I was completely delusional about getting a price anywhere close to what I have seen on here.

Autonation dealers usually suck, they have all the “fees” added up, after their so-called discounts you realized u back to square one.

As @Cyberdemon says, don’t negotiate in person. Send an email with the offer you’re willing to do with base MF and all incentives itemized from Edmunds. Or call. Once you’ve test driven the car, you don’t set foot at a dealer until a deal is in place.

Also, deals will be different from months past. End of year push is over, just be patient and check back with the dealers who told you no the following month.

Good luck!

Unfortunately that’s exactly what to say to get them to leave and never come back.

Why even bother mentioning deals here to the BMW salesguy? As some have said, a few brokers have the X3 M at a much more reasonable price. Have you tried reaching out to any of them?

1 Like

@bmc1818

I have a similar experience with Audi dealership on 2019 Q7 3.0 P+ $69800 MSRP. SA come up with $1200 monthly payment plus Tax,fees,reg on a 42 month lease I offer him $751 with base MF and 15% off MSRP and first month payment. Sales guy was shocked with my offer and told me it will never happened but he will run through his manager anyway. Came back in 5min Sorry can’t do it. So I start leaving. While I was leaving he came back guess what his manager has accepted my offer now. I look at him and his manager who came too and walked out.
So if they give you outrageous number you give them lowest number too which people are getting at other places or get a broker at LH and let them do the work for you. My experience AutoNation worst to deal they markup MF a lot.

2 Likes

You just admitted you have no idea how to negotiate. It’s time to use a broker.