2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe S

Then it’s great! I think the deep discount is attributed to the fact that you have a near base-MSRP Coupe S. I know the base Porsches are discounted a little higher at certain times to make them move. Porsche fans tend to spend good money on their cars.

It’s amazing what a Tubro Hybrid-E Coupe goes for well over 200k with the options.

Is that a marked up MF? OP stated Edmunds was showing .00200 MF and this one is marked up quite a bit. Explains the high monthly and pretty much makes that 10% discount closer to 7 or 8%.

Yep, net discount on this deal is about 7.5% at base MF.

Definitely not the worst, but nothing to write home about either.

I would tell them you’ll be in to sign today if they can get to $1380/mo, which is 10% at base MF.

If it’s a lease, do the Ehybrid. If you are buying, go with the S. S holds better resale value. Ehybrid gives a lot lower payment than the S on a lease because of the $6712 rebate.

Ehybrid is very reliable. I haven’t seen any issues pop up in the long term. Keep in mind that most taxis are hybrid cars. They are usually very reliable.

For the Ehybrid you can get ~7% off usually

To everyone asking for 10%, OP is not shopping Mercedes or BMW. And stop telling Porsche customers to buy instead of lease.

2 Likes

See riled up BMW fans :arrow_heading_down:

Strange thing to say considering that no one is telling Porsche customers to not buy Porsche in the first place. Porsche is still getting the customer regardless of lease or purchase. Does the dealer get more money if people lease Porsche over purchase?

Porsches just seem to present a far better purchase option and proposition over leasing based on the terms.

3 Likes

Why? This is a forum about maximizing lease value and Porsche is bad value.

6 Likes

Because they are not looking to lease. I see this process on every Porsche post.

OP asks if the deal is good > a bunch of people telling them to buy because it’s a better value > OP leases anyway.

I have yet to see anyone convert to a buy.

They were never looking to buy in the first place. And not looking to do it after you say so either.

If I look at this deal and the interest rate is 4.8% vs. 72 month financing is 2.99%, no incentives in sight and you get a stronger resale value…is it not common sense to suggest a purchase?

2 Likes

Why ask if the deal is good if they’re not going to listen to logic and appreciate the greater value?

If they’re okay with throwing money out the window, why not just lease at or above MSRP?

2 Likes

What you fail to realize is that flexibility is more important than $2500 in interest for some people.

1 Like

Correct, if OP were shopping a BMW or MB then the target would be 11-12% or more depending on the model. :wink:

But OP is shopping a Cayenne, where 10% at base MF is the target deal.

Sure, not all dealers will go that deep, just like not all BMW dealers will go near 11-12%.

I’d be looking for 20% on that BMW :wink:

1 Like

What part of a Porsche lease is flexible?

12 month pull ahead? Have so much equity that you can get out at 12 months if needed? Car is not in the shop half the time? Doesn’t depreciate like crazy?

2 Likes

OP asked for this forum opinion. Opinion has been provided and explained - specifically for a lease this is a terrible deal given the markups. There is nothing wrong with suggesting options. OP will ultimately decide what he wants to do. you are free to suggest the lease and articulate your suggestion.

1 Like

You sell them so I suppose you know better regarding equity, but I don’t see the math working out where you lock in a lease term predicated on a 45% RV drop and sell it back with positive equity unless you are way under your mile allotment.

1 Like

I think what @fredyge94 meant is that on every Porsche thread on the forums, whenever an OP asks for help, there will always be a number of people who would just come in and just type BUY instead of Leasing… I have observed it myself on almost every Porsche post. He is simply trying to encourage people to understanding Porsche leasing better rather than just jumping to a conclusion.

4 Likes

Payment aside, if this is the car you want just work on the best lease deal possible.

For folks suggesting that OP finance the car instead of leasing it; at the end of the day, OP will decide what works best for them financially. If they can afford a $1xxx + payment on a Porsche, then good for them.

That is a pretty cool benefit of leasing a Porsche.