2020 Passat SE Lease Is this a good deal?

I’m about to pull the trigger on this lease. Is this good or should I push for a better deal? Any brokers in NJ that can do better?
THe dealer says he is at the end of the road and has no room to move.

2020 VW Passat SE (without sunroof)
MSRP: $27549
Monthly Payment: $290
Drive-Off Amount: $290
Months:39
Annual Mileage:10K
MF: .00031
Residual: 47%
Incentives:
Region: NJ
Leasehackr Score:
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Volkswagen&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=27549&sales_price=22000&months=39&mf=.00031&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=699&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=47&reg_fee=280&sales_tax=6.625&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&totalLeaseTax_radio=true

Are there incentives buried in that 20% discount?

There is $3K lease cash built in. What do you mean by 20% @LeaserOC

You’re calculator has a selling price that’s 20% off MSRP. The 3k should go down below in the taxes incentives. Also assuming you confirmed the mf is the base rate per Edmunds? Also check the residual at 36 months. Might only be a couple bucks off and who wants to have a car for 39 months lol.

THe MF is what I qualified for based on credit, no the lowest rate that VW offers for Tier1. I don’t mind a 39 month lease. If I bump the price up to $25K and put $3K on untaxed incentive I’m still at the same price. As a taxed incentive, the monthly goes up so I’m still ahead. Is there anything not good on this deal?

Unfortunately you don’t get to decide how the incentives are applied. They are likely going to be taxed. And breaking out everything correctly helps people give you feedback. On the mf did you independently confirm that rate for your tier or is it just what the dealer told you?

Seems like an ok deal in this market but search the forum to see if there are any recent data points.

I mean it looks decent? Mehhh really

Not a fan of 39 month leases FYI

Not sure, have you looked at the R Line? Much better looking than the SE (atleast I think so)

Have you gone on Edmunds to verify residual, MF and incentives. You really need to break everything down and see what kind of pre incentive discount the dealer is offering so you can make an informed decision. Without knowing the variables you’re at a disadvantage…

I know the current Passat is “aged” but I’m a big fan of it. Used to have a 2016 R Line and loved it.
Roomy, sporty, quiet and with an engine tune very fun to drive.

Good luck

I’m not interested in the R Line due to the additional costs. I did confirm the MF, residual and incentives on Edmunds. I’ve also called a dozen or so dealers and this one is clearly lower than anyone else. THe only red flag is the higher MSRP for this model. Most web sites show the MSRP as $25500 for the SE without Sunroof and $27549 for the SE with Sunroof and other options.

Appreciate all your input on this. I was hopping to hear back from others that have done a lease recently but it doesn’t look like many Passat buyers are responding on these forums or on Edmunds.

So backing out your $3k incentive, looks like you have a discount of just under 11% off MSRP.

Your 3k incentive should be posted under the taxed incentive part.

Have you searched the forum to see what others have leased or what brokers are offering off?

I have no clue what kind of discounts are going on Passats as I haven’t been shopping them but that’ll give you a good idea …

Low residual really kills these things. There are months where VW gives additional bonus cash or holiday cash to sweeten the deal but I’m not sure there is any this month.

1 Like

Did you check the residual and incentives? Not saying it will be the case but sometimes the model leases better.

I did a 39 month lease some years back and eneded up trading it in on the 36th month. I dont mind 39 month leases if the numbers work out which they did for that lease, I would do it again knowing most leases you can pull ahead by a few months since they want you that new car by around that time frame.

1 Like

Lease cash on VW’s isn’t customer facing so it’s fine to be not taxed, the residual stinks on this car, why? Because it’s just a reskined version of the last gen, this thing still isn’t riding on the mbq platform, I’d shop around and look for something else.

1 Like

I understand there are other options but the one benefit is the low MF (.00001 for T1 and .00031 for T3)on the lease, Toyota, Hyundai and Honda have very high MF for their lease and higher prices now due to inventory reductions.

The Passat has a massive amount of space in the rear seats and the trunk. Two features we really wanted are the heated “leather” vinyl seats and remote start. Most other brands only have those features on much more expensive trim levels.

Yeah the rear seat legroom is massive, have you confirmed you are tier 3? Dealers love to tier bump