2020 panamera gts vs amg gt63 advice/guidance please!

Hire both a Porsche and a Mercedes broker and pay both their fees for the best deal they can get you and decide.

At 80k for a 36 month lease, it would be worth it, hell I’d pay an extra fee for the thousands you can save from getting the best possible deal.

4 Likes

Thats a really good point! I never looked at it that way. I just found an MB broker. If anyone has a recommendation on a porsche broker, i’ll take it! Thanks a bunch!!

I’m not registered but depending on the fee I could do it haha!

1 Like

Before y’all jump to any conclusions, i have no idea why the date says 12/28, i just got this from salesperson at MB arlington

If you can afford $2k a month lease I’m sure you can afford $2200

Sure. And if i can afford $2200 then i can surely afford $2400, $2600…

M550 and m5 are only similar in how they look, they behave completely different.

I guess the real question is what specifically attracts you to the gt63 and the panamera.

The gt63 was sweet to me but not worth double the payment, haven’t driven a new gen panamera lately, but even the gt63 and the m8 gc behave much differently.

You should really get behind the wheel and narrow down your search if you are truly a car guy you will be able to feel out which one you prefer or maybe it’s something completely different.

1 Like

Great points lazarus. I really love the way the gt63 looks and it drives like a beast (test drove it yesterday). IMO bimmers now all look the same inside and out. I dont think the m8 is differentiated enough by bmw to warrant a $140-150k sticker but thats just me.
As for the panamera i’m going to try it out tomorrow and then decide what makes me daydream more.

Sure but i have no idea what a brokers fee is and what it should be etc

I was kidding.

Their fees are usually reasonable and straighforward.

And 600$ a month in rent charge alone… wow!

That’s the whole premise behind M and Amg, they are stealthy cars with supercar like performance… well I mean the true M and AMG cars.

I think the 8 series differentiates itself enough, the 5 series though is a solid gripe.

When you are leasing it no longer becomes a game of is it worth 140-150k, it becomes a game of is it worth 1xxx payment.

It’s only really your opinion of if car A is worth $xxx more than car B.

As an example Personally if I can get a wb hellcat for $700 and an m5 for $1200 its not worth double for me, at $300 difference then we have a different conversation.

What I’m saying is it’s really up to how much you can stomach paying for any car.

You should only really use this forum to evaluate discount, mf, etc etc aka the facts of the deal.

4 Likes

@Anhelenuk1

I think people often blur the line of what you can afford and what you want to pay.

I may be able to afford $1k/mo but only want to pay $500 or maybe able to afford $500 but don’t mind paying $600.

3 Likes

This is where Ovechkins buy their cars, so good luck.

6 Likes

Do you have a breakdown showing the sale price, incentives, fees (dealer fees, acquisition)? Without additional information, we can’t help evaluate your deal.

Here is some honest advice - Get the car you will enjoy driving. Since you can afford $2k/month, which equates to $72k over the term of the lease, I would strongly suggest working with a broker. Take a look at the “Marketplace” and filter by region (Northeast) and brand. I am not going to speculate on what they charge as a consultation fee, but it will be well worth it, IMO.

Good luck.

1 Like

I believe we have a Porsche dealer on this forum - please search. Honestly, I think hacking Porche by a large margin is a bit of a challenge…that’s what I learned from this forum.
1)you can search for loaner and demos
2) Use cargurus.com to search and narrow down the variable - # of days. There is a school of thought that the higher the number, the better the motivation of the dealer to cut you a deal. By how much? Depends on several factors
3) Download an app on your phone called copilot and it gives you the 25 best steals :wink:
4) Go to Edmunds forums and ask for MF, Residual, Incentives for your zip code. Use those numbers in the lease hacker calculator to arrive at your payment. As you can see, an important variable is selling price …how much discount will you be able to haggle matters the most, while you use the Edmunds numbers.

Looking at the worksheet, discount of 7K on 150K vehicle seems to be a lip service. Well, it depends on the vehicle but on this forum thats a big no no…

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Or for $72k, you could finance this 2018 Panamera 4. I get it that it is no GTS or Turbo, but it is a still a Porsche.

Here is the worksheet from porsche san diego

1 Like

Look, do you want to be a leasehackr or a noob who just begs/solicits quotes from dealers all day long?

36 replies, and haven’t seen anything beyond quote-begging

4 Likes

Lol not looking for quotes per se. Looking for opinions on whether what i posted was a solid deal (not necessarily looking for a steal). Thanks for reading

Unless tax reasons, I second the opinions to check out PACPO Pannys. Finance to drive off and pay off if you don’t get >2.49% on investments. I got one this month having gone through a similar (and looong) search process as the OP (no more AMG’s for me though). Spreadsheets, inventory tracking and more … Monterey had a PACPO 2019 black with 1171 miles for under 72K (went quickly), so shows what’s out there. Now, San Diego seems a bit hot for CPO inventory (as I found out), so YMMV. Good luck and take a drive (safely) through the twisty roads in the RSF / Del Dios area to see the difference between a panny w/ sport plus, and the GT barge.

1 Like