2020 panamera gts vs amg gt63 advice/guidance please!

Then I’m not as concerned. But when all you shared was

And haven’t structured your own lease, it reads like “I’ve never leased”, which is back to why I said you were missing the most important point.

So then start reading from Leasing 101 onwards.

How is anyone able to have an intelligent discussion starting at nowhere? If you were, say, an SAT instructor, could you help a 1st grader who was just learning subtraction?

Look at literally any thread on this forum. Anyone who’s remotely put in any effort gets more help and constructive advice than any corner of the internet I can think of.

Conversely there are entitled people who put in no real effort and expect to be spoonfed…

They’re the in the same segment, they’re not “very different”. Panamera and GT63 have beautiful handling and power both made to be practical versions of their 2 seater counterparts.

Just hire a broker and call it a day man

No disrespect, but if you are truly pulling 400k, your time can be better spent than arguing with strangers

Otherwise, your business will start to bleed,

3 Likes

¡¡Ándale!!

3 Likes

I haven’t read every comment in this thread, but @Bmworporsche, if your question is whether $2k is an attainable payment for either car, get the MF and RV (and incentives, if any) for the term/mileage you want by posting requests in the relevant Edmunds forums.

Then start with the one of the cars and simply choose an MSRP that’s in the ballpark as one that would make you happy, options-wise.

You should be able to estimate everything else except selling price/dealer discount with just a bit of research.

From there, you can run some what-if scenarios on the missing variable (selling price) to see if getting to a $2k payment is a reasonable expectation. If a $2k payment would require a 49% dealer discount, for example, that’s obviously off the table.

Repeat with the second vehicle.

If you need any help with the calculator, there’s a thread with detailed instructions that can help. This was also really helpful to me when I started to research my first lease last year.

After your analysis, if you aren’t sure if a target dealer discount is attainable, post the calculator link and ask the forum a question like this (random example on the discount):

“Do you think I can find a dealer who’s willing to discount an AMG GT by 7-8% from MSRP?”

11 Likes

Very wise advice and i will do exactly that. Thank you very much!

1 Like

It’s not that they don’t want you to lease their cars, it’s more that they have no motivation to over-incentivize you to lease their cars. Most of the lease heavy brands we know spend exponentially more on lease offers (lease cash, MF subventions, RV subvention) than they do on cash type of sale offers. Porsche refuses to do so (for the most part and for most product lines). Simply put, they don’t care if you lease or purchase the car. PFS is content with the natural level of lease and finance take rate and PCNA nor PFS feel much need to subsidize to get it higher.

2 Likes

I totally agree, but the comment I was responding to was “they don’t want to lease you a car, they want you to stroke a check.”

It’s been a minute since I’ve dug into the numbers, but PFS

• did not do much leasing of Porsches pre-Cayenne (c. 2005). It wasn’t until they added more daily drivers to their lineup, then your other points fall in line, agreed. It was something for business owners who could (at that time) write off their lease payment. Much harder to do now on a Porsche sports car (vs perhaps one of their SUVs, totally unrelated to Section 179 bc someone will comment on that)
  • VWAG didn’t used to have finance arms for their luxury brands above Porsche (eg Lambo, Bentley), they were leased through PFS. Those cashflow cars used to contribute more to PFS lease revenue than Porsche’s own cars did.

Does the Taycan Turbo do anything for you? I’ve seen some big discounts on those recently.

2 Likes

:+1:good point

Many thanks everyone, felt a lotta love from y’all.

UPDATE: I started looking at the lease calculators and that helped a lot. Hope to negotiate a deal soon but I’m leaning towards the GT63 vs the GTS panny since a panny turbo is too expensive and outside my budget. Drove both pannys last night and while the GTS sounded better, the turbo was proper quick! So, unless i can get a unicorn deal on a turbo, i’ll likely try and pickup the AMG. Thanks again and have a happy/safe new year!

3 Likes

See… We push people to do their homework for a reason.

2 Likes

My apologies, for posting on this thread, but can someone tell me where I can post my deal to get some feedback? I don’t appear to have the option to create a new post. Thanks!

New posters are required to read a minimum number of threads before they’re allowed to post. Keep reading around and you should be good to go shortly.

1 Like

I was getting so annoyed at this thread and it was such a breath of fresh air to see this response, so thank you @trism.

Spoonfeed be damned, the back and forth banter against newbs is so numbing at times. Obviously most if not all of them need to do their homework, but the tone of some retorts always makes them get defensive, leading to only more garbage back and forth, and then the thread goes to :poop:

LeaseHackr thrives when one out of 100+ active supporters has the patience to write a detailed, informative, and calm/collected response like this after 80 useless posts when its clear the OP is unwilling or unable to help him/herself. Here’s to more :sparkles: patience :sparkles: in 2021

10 Likes

Yes, I agree… nicely done with the response from @trism.

1 Like

Maybe mods can pin it somewhere so we can just refer posters w/ similar questions in the future to it?

I’ve always thought about a cookie cutter template that sounds genuine and specific to the OP. Some might think that’s too accommodating when all of this info/advice exists on the site and can be searched for, but I think that’s a great idea