2020 Nissan Leaf SV Deal Check

Hi all.

New to the lease world. Appreciate any advice. I’ve been in the market for an electric vehicle. I found this lease deal that seems to be exclusive to this dealership only. Seems like a solid deal, is it?

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Nissan Leaf SV
MSRP: $ 35790
Selling price: $33827
Cap Cost: $22358
Rebate: $13,231
Monthly Payment: $ 159
Drive-Off Amount: $ 1999 (excl acquisition fee $650 and lic gov docs etc)
Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: not sure
Residual: 54% ($19326)
Total lease charge: $5656

The drive off amount is closer to $3500 with everything more than likely.

I have done a few Leaf deals for myself and family, and your selling price needs work. Shoot for 10-12% off MSRP before the incentives. Make sure to verify the money factor on Edmunds. Do you know if you qualify for VPP? That’s worth another $1150 off for the Leafs. In my experience, you want to keep it in your back pocket until you get the best dealer discount you can.

Thanks so much mate.

Money factor according to Edmunds is .00173

I don’t have access to the VPP program. I qualify for a $1000 college grad rebate but I added that to the rebate pot in my original post. Should I keep that in my back pocket until after negotiating the deal?

Is it also possible to negotiate mileage allowance? I would need 12k

Make sure they are using the money factor on Edmunds:)

College rebate you don’t need to keep in your back pocket, unlike VPP.

Higher mileage allowance affects the residual, so for them to “throw it in” it would come off the selling price. They can’t change the residual.

If it were me, I would ask for 14% off MSRP, confirm they are using the right money factor, and have them adjust the residual for 12k miles. Then sit and wait for them to say yes.

1 Like

Thanks mate, this is really helpful!

1 Like

14% pre-incentive?

Also, is this the longer-range leaf?

No, it’s the 40 battery

1 Like