2020 Nissan GTR

Hi,
Looking for the residuals and base money factor for a leftover GTR for NY.

Thanks!

I’ll preface this by saying I usually hate when people say this but in this case it’s worth saying it…

Buy it, the mf is gonna be like 5% and the residual is probably low to mid 50s.

The gtr is worth usually 65-70% after 3 years.

Would only be worth leasing and flipping if 0% mf.

That 5% mf is gonna kill you.

3 Likes

36/10 RV - 55%
.00235 (lol) MF
Per Edmunds

2 Likes

lol I was the one who asked on Edmunds.
Does it matter that it’s a 2020 leftover?

You ALMOST got it right. 55% and 8% …ewww

The residual isn’t that bad for a year old car.

1 Like

You might be able to negotiate a discount, but the residual and money factor are set by the bank. The only way you can sometimes get under base money factor is with MSDs.

This is definitely not a car to lease.

Did you not read my post lol, it’s worth 65-70% after 3 years. In no way is 55% anywhere near “not bad”

Regarding discounts/monthly

Add the fact that there’s probably a handful of leftover gtrs plus no real incentives outside of the few grand that nissan gives them and you have a recipe for disaster and you haven’t even touched the mf lol.

Only got worse.

58% / 51% / 48% for 24/36/42 months for 10k miles per year.

Anyone know the cash back/ rebate amount?

Ow

Usually it’s $3-5k dealer cash

I remember when they were giving 15-25k trunk Money on brand new GTRs a few years ago.

1 Like

$5,000 dealer cash.

Before the refresh? Yeah I heard the discounts were nuts. Didn’t know they had 15-20k lol. That’s crazy.

Oooppphhh, for those numbers I’d rather lease an Aston Martin.

2 Likes

I didn’t pay attention to your original post, was just thinking in general terms.

This car has a lot of leasing issues, but let’s say the only issue was the low residual. If you knew that the value was going to hold, wouldn’t it just give you more flexibility with getting out of the lease? You could sell it to a third party at year two and come out ok.

No worries I’m just saying it’s not like a normal car, it’s way more exclusive.

So in theory yes, however the way I would see it as very beneficial would be if you could write off the car’s lease under your business and then sell it back at lease end or mid lease and pocket the positive equity.

Say you lease a 100k car with 55% residual for 36 months.

$1250/mo x 12 = $15,000 x 3 years = 45k written off.

You then sell the 55k car for 70k and profit 15k.

So basically you wrote off 45k and then were able to get your 15k back like you would in a normal finance situation.

Your situation is also worth it as well but tax writeoff + pocketing that 15k would be sweet imo.

You basically get to drive the car at $850ish/mo.

I’m sure there are a bunch of laws this skirts tho so take that as how you want.

2 Likes

Except you’d have to pay income tax on the $15k profit.

Hence hiding the 15k :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

1 Like

Though note, it’s not a $15k bonanza, it’s just that you’re able to write off an additional $15k vs the actual depreciation, etc. And that only works if you sell it to yourself for the RV. If you sold it for it’s actual market value, you’d be subject to capital gains on the $15k.

1 Like

Ohhh, that’s a dangerous plan, haha. There’d be a paper trail of the amount the vehicle was sold for and it’s actually reported to the state with the sales tax paid, etc. That’d be a layup in an IRS audit. In fact, it could be the red flag that triggers an audit.