2020 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Lease (help me with numbers)

Hey guys So Im new to leasing and just want to make my process as smooth as possible I have tried to use the search bar but all post were a little outdated or not In NY so if you guys could help me out and update me on the numbers that would be great please keep snarky comments to yourself I’m just looking for help !

What MF,Residual,and Lease and Loyalty credits (if any) Should I be looking for on a 2020 Nissan Altima 2.5 S for 36/10k zip code 14301 ?

Read the wiki

Then do some work →

Get the residual and mf from edmunds forums

2020 likely isn’t supported anymore by lease programs.

Then look at some broker spreadsheets to get a baseline for what you should be looking for deal wise. Several brokers have Nissan @aronchi and @AutoNinjas to name two in your region. They likely will make this a very easy transaction. Some brokers charge fees, some don’t (depends on their comp model). Compare the deals be an educated consumer.

Best of luck

1 Like

Having current, accurate information for residual value, money factor, and incentives is important in understanding your deal. As such, going directly to a source that has access to that data from the captive banks is your best option. The forums at Edmunds are where we go to get that information, as they have direct access to it from the captive banks. You’ll want to post in the model specific thread for the vehicle you’re interested in and request the most current numbers for your zip code. It is often easiest to find that thread by searching Google for “Edmunds lease” followed by the model of vehicle you’re interested in.

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

1 Like

Most cars do not lease well. They do not have the programs (RV, MF and incentives) to be good candidates for lease-hacking, regardless of what dealer discount you can negotiate. This is truer now than it has ever been. Which means you cannot start your search with a particular car or cars in mind, and then find a way to make them lease well.

It will be like pushing a boulder uphill while pulling teeth, and you’ll still probably have a bad deal in the end. You need to start your search by filtering only the vehicles that are leasing well right now and offer good value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to decide what’s leasing well and pick a vehicle that is already proven to offer good value.

Remember, there are no magic wands that can save a deal from poor programs (RV, MF, and incentives) and/or poor discounts.

Don’t waste your time. A Nissan Altima lease will not make sense, look at Sonata, K5.

Is there even lease support for 2020 Nissans?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.