Signed! 2020 Mercedes Benz GLB Loaner, $395 DAS, 10 MSD

Hi Guys! It’s Cynthia, I’m in real estate and have been leasing a new MB every 3 years for the past 25 years! I found this forum about 3 cars ago!!! I usually don’t post, but I read to learn about how to hack lease deals and to see what kind of lease deals are out there. My recent experience was so pleasant, I just had to share it!

A few weeks ago I was working with another Colorado MB Dealer - that will remain nameless :-), let’s just call him Fred. Fred kinda gave me the run around for a few weeks. Nice guy, but would never really give me exact numbers or the specific MF & RV he was using. I told him what I expected as far as MF and RV very early on, but his payments kept coming up $80-$100 higher than advertised. I just thought it was just a matter of educating him on what the correct MF and RV were for the car. Finally, after about 10 days of this back n forth, I gave Fred an ultimatum. If you can’t give me real numbers by COB today, I’m walking. He responded right away with the actual real numbers… and as it turns out, he was marking up the MF…and also changed the dealers’ fees, etc. I told him to use the correct numbers and he finally leveled with me and said he can’t…they always mark up the MF. There’s nothing wrong with a dealer doing that, but he should have told me in the first conversation that he couldn’t give me the MB Buy rate, instead of stringing me along for 10 days. And yes… I should have given Fred the ultimatum much sooner, so I will take some responsibility for this big waste of my time!

I immediately started contacting other dealerships and I feel really fortunate that I found this new MB guy. He’s a straight shooter! We started chatting at 7 pm on weds night. I told him I wanted the Buy Rate, he said, no problem! I said, you need to give the exact numbers right away, no problem he said! Just a great guy and tells ya upfront what he can do. The dealership is about 1.5 hrs from my home, so I never used them before (especially when there are 3 MB dealers within 20 minutes of my home. Anyway, we’ve had about 3 or 4 e-mails back n forth on the details, but he’s delivering my new GLB to me today!!! (it’s Saturday) The easiest and most straightforward deal ever! Apparently, they sell and deliver the cars to their customers nationwide!

Anyway, if you’ve been looking for a luxury SUV, you know it’s almost impossible right now to get anything with no money down and under $480 per month. Even though it only scores 9.8 on the hacker scale, I’m very happy with the deal and really happy with the straightforward no-bullshit dealer. He’ll be my regular car guy from this point forward! They’ve got about 10 more 2020’s that they are hoping to get rid of, so if you’re in the market, let me know! PS - If sending a request for dealer contact information, please include your email address so I can respond directly to you. Thx!

Year, Make, Model, and Trim:2020 MB GLB 2020, pretty loaded
MSRP: $47,575
Selling Price:40,087
Monthly Payment: $393 (Before Taxes)
Drive-Off Amount: $393
Months:48
Annual Mileage:7500
MF.00029
Residual:40,087
Incentives:pen fed $500
Region:West / Colorado / Nationwide
Leasehackr Score:9.8
Leasehackr Calculator Link:CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

17 Likes

Nicely done, and thanks for sharing! One of the best hacks I’ve seen this month.

Congratulations and enjoy your GLB!!

5 Likes

Congratulations. Got one last me month for my wife and it’s a nice car. Looking at - way to permanently disable that auto start/stop that is so annoying.

Was it a better deal at 48 mo. instead of the usual 36?

1 Like

48 month is likely $15 cheaper per month compared to 36. Since OP is leasing for 7.5k mi/yr, it’s advantageous over 36 months. If you lease for 10k+ mi/yr the extra cost of 30k maintenance + tire replacement outweighs the extra savings.

2 Likes

Got it, she will be at 34k at end of lease. Makes sense, thanks.

The MB new car warranty is 48m/50k if I recall correctly

1 Like

So is this dealer north or south of Denver? My guess from google maps is south, like where the AF Acamdey is, :wink:

Yes! PM me if you want my contact’s name and number. I’ve also got a list of all the 2020s and the approx price they will sell them at. It’s a huge time saver (research-wise :0). PS-please provide your e-mail address to reply to when sending a PM. Thx!

For leased cars, they keep them under warranty the entire time of the lease. Honestly, I mainly wanted a 48 month lease because I don’t want to do this again in 3 years. I feel like I’m always under the gun to give back my old car and lease another one, I just wanted to take some pressure off!

1 Like

Did they give you an extended warranty? Factory warranty starts at the loaner in service date, so if it’s a 48 month warranty and you signed a 48 month lease on a loaner, you will be out of warranty before the lease is up without an extended warranty.

2 Likes

Yah, I asked him that exact question, this was his response:
“We put the GLB in our loaner fleet on 10/23/20 so the warranty will go until 10/22/25. We are able to extend our warranties out an additional year from the date we put them in our loaner fleet. So yes to answer your question, it will be under warranty for the full length of your lease.”

1 Like

This sounds similar to what is done on CPO vehicles.

Either way, great deal and enjoy the car!

Interesting. I’ve never heard of such a thing. Glad you got it covered.

I’m pretty sure it is a CPO because MB CPOs their loaners.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing your deal. This seems a good deal for GLB.

Not true. I’ve had MB loaner leases, and they typically give you the remainder of the new car warranty.
However back in 2015, on a BMW loaner, I received the remainder of the new car warranty + CPO coverage up till 75k miles. From what I know, they don’t do that anymore

1 Like

@Calvin.MB, is this a new thing? I had also never heard of this b/f.

1 Like

Maybe they CPO them over certain mileage? I think I saw high mileage loaners CPOed.

High mileage cars can get CPO’d but there is an additional cost that’d need to be borne.

Is it $5K? From what I’ve heard CPO’ing a BMW costs the dealer an additional $5K. Wondering if it’s similar for MB