Signed! 2020 Mercedes Benz GLB Loaner, $395 DAS, 10 MSD

No way… not on a regular model.

1 Like

No, it’s not new. I’ve been leasing cars for many years and the cars have never ever been out of warranty. If they lease a car, officially they still own the car during the lease period, so if the car breaks down, it’s still their car to fix. Just like if a furnace breaks down in an apartment you’re leasing, the landlord takes care of the furnace, not the tenant.

1 Like

And you’ve been leasing loaners the entire time?

The apartment analogy doesn’t really hold since apartments don’t come w/ warranties…

1 Like

That is not how that works.

3 Likes

I guess you got lucky with not having a leased car break down outside the warranty.

Your apartment analogy doesn’t work because whatever the landlord is obligated to fix is enshrined in the agreement and/or state law.

Your leased car has neither of those protections (aside from state-specific lemon law and even then I doubt your state’s lemon law duration, in years or miles, exceeds the 4yr/50K MB warranty).

2 Likes

Well, in my opinion, it does hold water. :slight_smile: But, it’s ok to agree to disagree. To be fair, I lease luxury cars, so perhaps there’s a difference between MB lease terms and Toyota (for example) lease terms.

Still doesn’t work that way.

1 Like

I am not sure it’s luck. I actually read the lease contracts… and would never sign a lease contract where I was responsible for repairs. If they don’t think their car is going to last more than 48 months, then it’s probably not a car I want to take a gamble on. That’s kinda the whole reason I lease. I’ve never ever had a car repair bill.

It does work that way for MB.

Can you post a copy of the contract where it shows that?

1 Like

Nope! I’m trying to enjoy my day off work. I was just hoping to help a few others take advantage of what I considered a good deal. That’s all. I’m just telling you my experience with leasing. Arguing just for the sake of arguing isn’t my thing.

The only person who seems to be arguing for the sake arguing, at this point, is YOU.

Others, myself included, are simply making a rational and polite request for clarification since your understanding of the length of your warranty runs counter to literally everyone else’s here (including myself, and my family has been leasing MBs for at least 13 yrs and owning them for close to 40). The clarification we are asking for would be helpful to other poster (which is your stated intention).

The length of your warranty isn’t a matter of “opinion.” It’s in black and white text (which you decline to provide).

You got a nice deal. No need to throw insults around.

5 Likes

Well, for reference, here is an excerpt from a CA MB lease contract that lists the warranty options, depending on situation. Shows that the standard vehicle warranty is what applies, not some unique extended lease specific warranty.

The purpose of the discussion on this site isn’t to argue needlessly, but rather to educate so we can all be more informed consumers. If there are clauses in the lease that state otherwise, I’d love to see them. Not because I’m trying to call you out and argue but because that isn’t consistent with what I have seen and different situations are worth learning from.

6 Likes

I don’t even really understand how this is such a great deal.

@AutoCompanion has a new 2021 GLB250 listed at $383/mo plus taxes on a 48/10.

Meanwhile, if it has an early build date, this loaner could be close to two years old already, regardless of warranty status.

2 Likes

Hey, that’s with msds and fees at signing!

5 Likes

If the OP were willing to post a copy of the contract or even just engage in a potentially useful conversation, we might know. Might, alas, I doubt she will do that since it would be perceived as “arguing for the sake of arguing.” ::shrug::

To fair, in addition to what @AutoCompanion wrote, the OP’s loaner had a higher MSRP, too. Although OP has had fewer miles/yr.

I personally think we’re getting a bit into the weeds. OP posted a calculator with the details. That’s enough. Any warranty issues are irrelevant to the deal itself.

3 Likes

Bingo. Chances are this vehicle has a 1yr extended warranty because it’s a CPO. Which makes sense for the dealer. Easier to sell and also easier to lease out at 48m (cheaper than 36m not accounting for any net additional consumables)

@stcyn you did the right thing by making sure it was going to be under warranty for the duration of the 48m lease. But it’s not something that can be taken for granted with a loaner so the next person reading this thread should make sure too.

4 Likes

So like the dealer can CPO loaner vehicles however majority of them don’t because it isn’t cost efficient. I recall, you can’t use CPO programs and new programs so there is often confusion there.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.

That makes me wonder even more about the specifics of this deal, but… I guess we won’t be finding that out.

1 Like