2020 Mercedes AMG C63s Coupe

Load up the m4 all you want it still won’t make up for that god ugly front grill. Thing looks hideous

1 Like

Personally on a $95k car I wouldn’t settle for anything less than 10% discount at base MF. That’s a crazy high MSRP on this car.

1 Like

Hard pass. You could get an M8 GC Competition for less money.
Snag an M5 and call it a day.

2 Likes

I’m in Virginia Beach, VA. The beginning stages of a deal–doesn’t seem great, but inventory here is non-existent. Also, doesn’t help that VA is a terrible place (tax-wise) to lease.

MSRP $90,940
Purchase: $88,540
36/10K: $1,601
42/10K: $1,496
48/10K: $1,416

All are nothing except 1st payment due at signing. But, these just seem like a horrible deal.

Debating a purchase. But, even then, I think they should come WAY down on MSRP. Thoughts? What is are these cars going for elsewhere?

Cheers,
Jason

I would drive an AMG GT-R, GT63S, E63S, X5M Competition, or M8 competition for that price. For a C63 at that price you must hate your cash

4 Likes

C63 Coupes never lease well, even with a decent discount as the residual is horrible. They’re just too low volume and MB are strict with their pricing. If you want one, finance it.

Otherwise for similar or less money per month lease a M5 or M8.

@AutoCompanion is near that area. Check them out

2 Likes

I’ve been quoted less on an AML Vantage… $180k ish MSRP

1 Like

Second on that. If you need a c63, save some money.

My advice for the other poster above stands, I wouldn’t touch a $90k+ AMG unless you’re in the neighborhood of 10% off. Maybe 8-9% if you REALLY want it.

Yes, there’s not too many coupes around, however most of the ones that are have been sitting a long time. Assuming you’re looking at the grey car in Annapolis, CarGuru’s has it listed on the lot for 256 days. The other ones around NoVa are 300+ days.

And if you are able to get the discount, then run the numbers on lease vs. finance for sure.

Even with a 10% discount, the residuals are still shit. Leasing will never be worthwhile.
The reality is AMGs depreciate like no tomorrow and MBFS is cognizant of that fact.
BMW on the other hand gives solid residuals to their cars (except the M2).

Also screw purchasing the C63Sfor $88,540.
Get a CPO AMG GTS instead. This car only has 7400 miles on the odo…
Look at this option instead:

Add around $300/mo for $3,500 prorated first year property tax (though it will be less for the second and third years) and you are almost at $2,000/mo

Different models, mb caters to the ethos of prestige and bmw wants to move as many units as possible.

Mb doesn’t lease well in general compared to bmw.

Mb sets realistic residuals for AMG, bmw doesn’t for M cars which depreciate just as hard as AMG cars.

Different folks Different strokes, but definitely not a good idea to lease a 63 amg.

1 Like

Thats a bit of a generalization. As someone who has leased several from both brands, it varies from situation to situation.
Just a few months back the numbers on a 2019 GLS550 leftover were like $580 p/m sign and drive. Never have seen an X7 in that range.

It really varies situation to situation. I will say that as a % off MSRP, MB gives insane discounts generally speaking.

Yeah but again extenuating circumstances, leftover on an outgoing model. I wrote in general.

It’s the residual and mf that gives bmw the edge, too much to overcome as far as discount goes for mb, plus mb usually has a much higher mf, especially on amg models.

1 Like