2020 Mazda CX-9 GT

I’ve been reading and educating myself on how to get the best lease deal, I’m on the market for a 2019 or 2020 CX-9 Grand Touring, looking for a 36/12k lease in the Houston area. This is my first lease so I’m trying to get the best deal.

So far I’ve contacted multiple dealers over email and phone and got a couple of quotes including the factory invoice, that way I can determine who is giving me the best discount in relation to the invoice price. I have not reached the point to negotiate the lease, I’m focused on getting the lower price first.

What do you think of this deal? This is for the 2020 CX9 GT.
The invoice price is $40,257

Just to be clear, did you tell them you wanted to finance the car, pay cash, or lease?

The problem with this tactic is if you aren’t telling them you are looking for a lease, then you aren’t getting the correct programs or incentives and this exercise means nothing.

Looking quickly, I do not see a $1250 rebate for leases in the Houston area so you may need to clarify that you’re leasing before you just try haggling them on price. Trying to “Surprise” them by switching at the last minute just means they’re going to re-run the numbers.

1 Like

I’m confused. Are you financing or leasing? Tell the dealer that you want the lease if you’re leasing. It makes no difference to them.

What deal? You posted a finance quote.

I just asked for a quote for a CX-9 GT with my desirable options and everybody sent me this kind of quote.

This dealer included a $500 rebate plus a $750 loyalty rebate in case I own another Mazda so I’m not elegible. A couple days ago they introduced another $500 rebate for the Houston Auto show.

I thought the best way to start the process was to push for the lowest price and that way the cap cost would be lower and then try to negotiate the lease based on the residual and money factor.

I’m more confused now

The residual is a fixed value. If they agreed to give you a 11% discount then the next step would be to tell them you want to lease and get the rest of the details. They may mark up the money factor or they may just give you the deal as is but you won’t know until that’s been communicated and you have the full deal with all the appropriate numbers and rebates filled out.

I was wondering how you made out on your lease.

I ended up signing the following deal:

MSRP: $42,695
Selling price: $40,083.00
Monthly Payment: $399.99 (includes TX tax, tire protection and maintenance plans)
Drive-Off Amount: $4,500 (includes first month)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .00033
Residual: 55%
Incentives: $360
Region: Houston, TX
Leasehackr Score: 6.5

What do you think? Was that too bad?

Would be a great price with only first month due at signing. That $4500 kills it. I know Texas taxes hurt, but so does a fairly high sales price. A cx9 isn’t worth $550 a month.

Ouch that DAS hurts.

I got a GT back in October, 36/15 for $506 with first month plus title, tags, etc. I’m Indiana.

The original deal was $2000 down incl. 1st month and $440/month but when I showed them up my limited term driver license they asked for 10% of msrp down.
Not sure if that’s a common practice

Unfortunately $440+$2k down is $1100 less total out of pocket than $400+$4500 down, so not only did they talk you in to more money das, they pocketed an extra $1100.