2020 Mazda CX-5 Touring with Preferred Package

What dealer is this in NJ?

Yes, the dealer is from NJ. Now that @hheller42 mostly includes tax, I don’t like my deal.

Do they have any signatures available? Can you PM me the Sales Advisor your working with?

@824

1. The 27,547.75 price is after getting 1220 in lease cash and a 1937 discount of MSRP.

2. I did not verify with Edmunds.com, I will do now and report back.

3. I am not getting 1st month inventive… can you provide more info on this?

4. No, I currently don’t own a Mazda or any car for that matter.

@824 It appears the lease cash and residual check out on Edmunds.

Review Mazda website for 1st month waiver program

This is a sellers market, but other have posted deals here with much larger pre-incentive discounts. 6.3% is light. The critical two variables in any Mazda deal is negotiating a good pre-incentive discount at the buy rate MF (see edmunds). Focus on these two key variable.

Search for other CX-5 deal posts to see whats possible. Pay particular attention to deals by @rjoh1987, @cb110, @kris.k and @jsingh5292

Good luck.

$30,705 MASRP
$27,547.75 Selling Price AFTER incentives
$ 3.157.25 TOTAL Discount

$ 1,220 Lease Cash
$ 1,937.25 Dealer Discount

6.3% Pre-Incentive Discount (1937.25/30705)

1 Like

@824

How do you get 6.3%? Isn’t that math 10.3%? What am I doing wrong?

The pre incentive is only what the dealer discounts on their own, it does not include any buyer incentives from the manufacturer such as the $1220 lease cash. If you are using the lease calculator those go in a separate area because in many states they are taxed plus they are not costing the dealer anything

No. Focus on PRE-incentive.

@824 and @Saphire got it now, thank you.

So I am in a position where I put down a deposit and am set to go pick it up tonight. Is it too late to negotiate the 1st month wavier or more of a dealer discount (to get more towards 10%)?

How do you recommend approaching?

Incentive - just tell the salesman you saw website and you want it. Waiver is not funded by dealer - it comes from Mazda - so there should be no issue. YMMV.

Re-negotiation - you put down a deposit. If you shook on the deal, you shook on the deal. How do you want to conduct business?

Did you sign anything? once you put down a deposit, your position is certainly weakened.

@824 Understood. I will probably go after the month incentive. However, could the counterargument from them be that the “lease cash” was them giving me the free month?

@sharksfan15 I signed what was considered a “Deal Request”. I did not sign the lease yet.

No. Lease cash and 1st month waiver are two different incentives - both funded by Mazda.

1 Like

@824 I got the free month. HOWEVER, they hit me with the Gap insurance not being included. It was a net win. I didn’t go after any more of a discount. All in all I think I got an OK deal.

Thank you for the help @824.

Leasehackr score was an 8.

Congrats. Post you deal when you have time.

@824 Final Deal:

2020 Mazda CX-5 Touring with Preferred Package

MSRP: 30,705
Selling Price: 27,402.75
Acquisition: 650
MF: .00012
Miles: 12k/yr
Residual: 56%; 17,195

Sign and drive; $693.42 inclusive of first month, NY tire fee, registration, inspection, NY Filing Fee

Monthly Payment: $339

Hi Please advise which dealership did u get this deal finalized with. I am also looking to get the exact same model. Thank you

A post was merged into an existing topic: Please keep all your “wanted” ads here - Part 2