2020 Mazda CX-5 Touring with Preferred Package

2020 Mazda CX-5 Touring with Preferred Package

Can I please have your input on the below?

MSRP: 30,705
Selling Price: 27,547.75
Acquisition: 650
MF: .00012
Miles: 12k/yr
Residual: 56%; 17,195

Sign and drive; $693.42 inclusive of first month, NY tire fee, registration, inspection, NY Filing Fee

Monthly Payment: $344

How did I do? Did not sign yet.

Welcome. You shared lots of good information but we need a few more data points to evaluate your deal:

1. Is your $27,547.75 selling price before any lease cash from Mazda?
  2. Did you verify the lease cash and money factor with Edmunds.com? What are they?
  3. Is Mazda’s waive 1st month incentive part of your deal? You indicated DAS is inclusive of 1st month.
  4. Do you qualify for loyalty incentive? Conquest incentive?

Tax rolled into the payment?

Hi @hheller42,

I am also in the market to lease same car. I got this from nj dealer

Mazda CX-5 M Touring with preferred package

MSRP 30770

Selling price 28,783

RV. 17231.20

MF. .00012

ACQUISITION FEE. 650

SALES TAX. 895

DEALER FEE ETCHING. 399

POST SALE REBATE. 1220

DAS. 0

MONTHLY WITH TAX. 375

12k/36 month lease

THE FIRST PAYMENT IS PAID BY MAZDA SO YOU HAVE 35 PAYMENTS AT 375 FOR 36/36 LEASE. Please let me know if you want to move forward the car is still available as of now.

Thanks

Yes, tax rolled in.

Thats better deal than mine.

What dealer is this in NJ?

Yes, the dealer is from NJ. Now that @hheller42 mostly includes tax, I don’t like my deal.

Do they have any signatures available? Can you PM me the Sales Advisor your working with?

@824

1. The 27,547.75 price is after getting 1220 in lease cash and a 1937 discount of MSRP.

2. I did not verify with Edmunds.com, I will do now and report back.

3. I am not getting 1st month inventive… can you provide more info on this?

4. No, I currently don’t own a Mazda or any car for that matter.

@824 It appears the lease cash and residual check out on Edmunds.

Review Mazda website for 1st month waiver program

This is a sellers market, but other have posted deals here with much larger pre-incentive discounts. 6.3% is light. The critical two variables in any Mazda deal is negotiating a good pre-incentive discount at the buy rate MF (see edmunds). Focus on these two key variable.

Search for other CX-5 deal posts to see whats possible. Pay particular attention to deals by @rjoh1987, @cb110, @kris.k and @jsingh5292

Good luck.

$30,705 MASRP
$27,547.75 Selling Price AFTER incentives
$ 3.157.25 TOTAL Discount

$ 1,220 Lease Cash
$ 1,937.25 Dealer Discount

6.3% Pre-Incentive Discount (1937.25/30705)

1 Like

@824

How do you get 6.3%? Isn’t that math 10.3%? What am I doing wrong?

The pre incentive is only what the dealer discounts on their own, it does not include any buyer incentives from the manufacturer such as the $1220 lease cash. If you are using the lease calculator those go in a separate area because in many states they are taxed plus they are not costing the dealer anything

No. Focus on PRE-incentive.

@824 and @Saphire got it now, thank you.

So I am in a position where I put down a deposit and am set to go pick it up tonight. Is it too late to negotiate the 1st month wavier or more of a dealer discount (to get more towards 10%)?

How do you recommend approaching?

Incentive - just tell the salesman you saw website and you want it. Waiver is not funded by dealer - it comes from Mazda - so there should be no issue. YMMV.

Re-negotiation - you put down a deposit. If you shook on the deal, you shook on the deal. How do you want to conduct business?

Did you sign anything? once you put down a deposit, your position is certainly weakened.

@824 Understood. I will probably go after the month incentive. However, could the counterargument from them be that the “lease cash” was them giving me the free month?

@sharksfan15 I signed what was considered a “Deal Request”. I did not sign the lease yet.