2020 Mazda CX-5 GTR Lease

If you’re ok paying $400+ for a subcompact SUV have you considered the Audi Q3?

I have seen it, I wasn’t really impressed with the interior design which makes sense since it is an older design. I have test driven alot of vehicles in the last month and out of all them Mazda CX-5, Cadililac XT4, and Infinity QX50 are the ones that I actually enjoyed driving. XT4 was probably the best one, but the trim that I was driving was about $51000 and the lease for it is $500 per month with $1000 down.

Are you sure you’ve seen the re-designed Q3 that has only been on sale a year? It has a 10.1" touchscreen and the 12.3" virtual cockpit so I find the interior is pretty comparable if not better to competitors in the class, and you can find a nicely equipped one for around $43-44k so MSRP is considerably lower than the Cadillac.

Q3 doesn’t lease all that well in P/P+ and OP would probably need a Prestige to compete in content with a Mazda GT reserve trim, which leases even worse.

Using MSRP as an indicator of what to expect a hacked lease payment to be… not very useful.

What are SUVs that actually lease well? I don’t really know how one gauge

Probably check out the Volvo XC60, Q5 (maybe).

Have you looked through the Marketplace section here?

I have and to be honest Mazda still sounds like a better deal for me. The value that car offers is great, too bad it doesn’t lease very well

So after talking to this dealer, I think I am gonna wait a bit. Mazda just went back to full productions so inventory should increase throughout August. I am also hoping for some lease cash on the CX-5 next month. It’s like you said, its a seller’s market and finding a good deal on my specific trim is extremely difficult since there is only 3 within 100 miles of my location. I do have a better insight on how to handle Mazda negotiating, and for that I think you and everyone on this website.

You now know what a good deal looks like. When you see it - pounce. Good luck to you.

What was the best pre-incentive you were able to negotiate?

He said the max he could go is about $34217 which is still far from what I think is a fair price which is about $33k. They can do a max of %6.2 and I am looking for closer to %9. I am hoping once they get more inventory, they will budge on their price.