Months: 36
Annual Mileage:10k
MF: They didn’t provide it, but I calculate it to be .00067
Residual: %57
Incentives: NA
Region: Michigan USA
Leasehackr Score: 6.7
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

So I was interested in a Mazda CX-5 GTR, this is the first deal I got from a local dealer. I personally think its a terrible deal, but I am not sure what a reasonable deal is with the current market. I was personally thinking of a much higher dealer discount closer to %8, but the guy made it clear he can only go another 10/15 off monthly which is about $500-750 off MSRP. Let me know what you think

Edmunds:
MF: .00048
Residual: %57

Doesn’t Mazda have 60 month 0% financing right now? That would make buying this much more attractive, I’d think.

Welcome. The market is ugly out there so do your homework and fight the good fight.

Check out recent CX-5 deals posted here. Looks at deals from @rjoh1987, @cb110, and @kris.k for deals with bigger pre-incentive discounts than you have negotiated up to this point.

Ask your dealer for the MF in your deal and make sure its the buy rate MF (must you have top tier credit). Watch out for MF markup.

Mazda offers lease cash. Varies by region. Check with edmunds and get yours.

Good luck.

Sure, if you are the type to drive a car for years. I like to change cars every couple of years and with leasing I can drive without having to worry about maintenance. So it’s just a personal preference, but since you mentioned buying I got a quote from the same dealer for $512 with 5k down.

Sadly, no incentives for my area. As for the MF, I asked multiple times and he didn’t provide it for some reason. It’s weird cause for around the same monthly payment I can get a Cadillac XT4.

Any tips for negotiating with Mazda? I am think of asking if I can put MSDs and see if that would drop the MF.

@AS_Leader If i had to choose between this and XT4 it would be XT4.

You need to ask for MF and RV on Edmunds forums and by doing so you’ll find out what the buyrate MF is.

Use MSDs. Heads up - MSDs are new to Mazda so your salesman may not be up to speed - don’t let that stop you from using.

Make your counter at the buy rate MF of 0.00048. Something like “A selling price of $xx,xxx at the buy rate of 0.00048. Plus the 1st month waiver incentive.”

Well you gotta look at what you get with both. Sure XT4 is a more luxurious brand, but if you look beyond that you will see that the Mazda offers a better car for less price unless you get a maxed out XT4 which I actually got a quote for $509 with 1000 down.

My point is that the total outlay from this lease is $17500. Financing at 0% for 60 months should total somewhere in the $22k (assuming 6% sales tax). If the resale is 50% then you recoup $19k at the end and owe $13k. Since 22k-6k = 16k, you are 1.5k better off buying and selling under my assumptions, but I could have goofed somewhere.

Well residual on the car is %57, and if you assume it sells for %50 of MSRP. I will loose %7

No, I used 50% to bias my calculation towards leasing…

And because it was easier on the fly

IDK why people are pulling teeth with Mazda dealers who won’t deal.

Look at Honda, Subaru, etc. instead.

oh I see. BTW where are you getting 22K ?

Mazda interior is far better than Honda or Subaru. Heck personally I think it looks better than some of the luxurios brands IE BMW, Audi, Mercedez

I did 35 x 36 / 60 and added 6% for sales tax

I am not really sure what the 35 represents

Sorry, $35000 is your purchase price.

Look up their infotainment issues. If your idea of luxury is waiting in your driveway every morning for the system to boot up so it can display the backup camera, go for it.