2020 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve 12k 36mo Lease

Even without the MSDs they’re still great deals…and seriously a fun little suv

2 Likes

Look up interior dimensions. I cross-shopped an X3 against our current CX5. The X3 is smaller inside.

If you’re paying $100/mo for a 20% power bump, why would you not pay $110 for a 40% power bump?

Right. And for some people, the exterior dimensions are also important. The X3 is 6 inches longer, 2 inches wider.

Because, AFAIK, the torque of the turbo engine remains unchanged when using premium vs. regular. Peak torque is achieved around 2000 RPM (very useful in day-to-day driving), while the additional HP from premium fuel doesn’t hit until around 4000 RPM.

I suspect that, for most drivers, they will not feel the benefit of the additional $10/mo on premium and won’t miss the extra 23 HP (which they aren’t tapping into most of the time, anyway).

So I did some negotiating with one of the dealerships and they gave me a slightly better deal for the GTR.

My initial quotes did not include a $980 3yr pre-paid maintenance (Mazda’s thing)

Click here for lease calculator.

Im wondering if I can still negotiate for a lower price. Seems like everyone is lingering around the same number.

Get ride of the accessories fee if $980. That will lower the lease by $27. You don’t need any accessories looks like extra dealer pocket money to me.

1 Like

Thank you! Totally missed that.

Your discount on the car is still low. Shoot for between 8 to 10%. Also target dealers that have a few GT Reserves, to help you get a better deal.

1 Like

Just heard back that the $980 is the 3 ye pre-paid maintenance.

Do you really need pre-paid maintenance on a Mazda?

1 Like

In 36 months you shouldn’t need anything on this car for 12K a year other than oil and wipers. I’m 2 years into my CX-9 lease and currently I’ve spent about $100 dollars across two oil changes.

This deal still seems terrible, I’m paying less for my CX-9 GT with the same structure and same turbocharged engine with more room/higher MSRP.

How much are you paying for the cx-9?

I’m at $460/mo for 10k/yr with 8.6% NY taxes and fees rolled in and only played first month + DMV on delivery. That was an an AWD CX-9 GT with a ~$43k MSRP.

The reserve just gets kicked for having a way higher MF and lower residual than the CX5 GT. It’s a big premium to pay for the turbo.

The local dealers are advertising 2019 CX-5 GT reserve for 7K off MSRP. I think you can probably purchase a 2019 for the monthly lease quote you have been getting.

For comparison…
Basics of deal I’m doing (or at least hoping to do) on a CX9 GT, ~$44k msrp, $374/mo (all in incl PA 9% tax), $1505 das.

And fwiw I wouldn’t consider the CX5 without the turbo. It makes a good car great, even if you don’t feed it premium. Jmo

1 Like

Thanks!! The lowest I’ve been quoted is 926 drive off with $430/month. Can’t seem to negotiate lower

Hi… How is the XC60 leasing… I’m in NY…
Thx…

Have you looked at the Honda CR-V? Starting in 2020 all trim levels get the 1.5 turbo motor.

Just got a new quote for $926 drive off including 1st month payment $430/month. Slowly but surely getting there.

1 Like

Never had an eye for the CR-V. Thanks for suggesting it though!

1 Like