2020 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve 12k 36mo Lease

Hi There,

First lease and I’m really excited about it. I’ve been looking around and contacting a few dealerships in my area. I’ve done a bit of research but my knowledge is still very limited so I need some extra pair of eyes.

After posting on Edmunds and asking for incentives, residual & M/F. This is what they gave me for zip code 94402:

.00042 and 56%
No incentives

I’ve since narrowed my search to 2 dealerships.

#1:

36 Month Lease
MSRP $36,080
Selling Price: $33,980 (5.8% off)
$0 Down
MF .00042
Residual 56% (12,000 miles/year)
License/Title : $449
Monthly: $492.28
Total Due signing: $1073.11

See attached for detailed breakdown:

Click here for lease calculator

#2: Second dealership hasn’t given me a detailed breakdown as the first yet

36 Month Lease
MSRP $36,080
Selling Price: $34,999 (3% off)
$0 Down
MF .00042
Residual 56% (12,000 miles/year)
License/Title : $558
Doc: $85
Monthly: $493
Total due at signing $1136

What do you guys think of the deals I have here?

Thanks for taking the time to help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bad. Try Capital and Oak Tree, both gave me good numbers on a CX-5 last year. You are shooting for 9-10% off MSRP before incentives.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ve just sent them an e-mail for a quote as well.

Great that you checked Edmunds and got the lease at buy rate. Start with the pre-incentive sales price and try to get that down. Check sites like Cars.com to see who has one that has been sitting on their lot a while.

Do you really need a turbo you can get a GT with premium pkg. pretty much the same car without the turbo? Better MF and RV for a lot less. You can also check with the brokers here to see what they can do for you

Thanks for the tip! I’ll definitely check it out. :+1:

Hi, thanks for reading my post. I will check the GT out but the turbo is really calling me. I know it’s a not a “need” but a “want”. That being said, I really want it.:sweat_smile:

You’re effectively over $500… why wouldn’t you get something nicer?

5 Likes

I’m sure the dealer could tell that right off the bat. Thats probably why he quoted that high. The most i would go for that car is $375-380.

1 Like

If the turbo is important there’s no way I wouldn’t seriously consider an X3 instead. It’s a smaller SUV but if that’s not a big concern then look that direction.

1 Like

I’ll take any suggestions!

Well, I have been doing everything through email. A sub $400 lease for this would be amazing.

Could you please link me to this listing? :slight_smile:

I can look into the x3. I do like that I can use regular gas for the cx5 and maintenance isn’t as expensive either. Plus, might be more reliable too

The 2.5T downrates to 227hp on regular gas, just 40hp more than the normal 2.5L in a GT. I would never spend the extra $100/mo on a Reserve and then forego the $10/mo cost of premium gas.

Hi… Where on Cars.Com do you get the time a vehicle has been on a dealers lot… Can’t seem to find it… Thx

It’s the RODO app, you have to download it.

CarGurus has that info.

1 Like

Yup, this is a big misconception with the direct injection. Let’s put it this way, if it has a turbo you need to use premium fuel.

2 Likes