2020 M4CS $699/month (inclusive of tax) + 1400 DAS + 7 MSDs

You can’t really find the battery in stock at another dealer and have them buy it. Battery is about $1000.

I would say wait until it comes in. Politely ask for an update every few days. When it is all resolved, see if any compensation is warranted. No need to get every $0.02 out of a dealership.

Look at the big picture. You’re healthy, employed, have a great car, and a killer deal. Do you really need to get that extra $100-$200 and have a bad rep with the dealership?

4 Likes

They have already credited you for half the month. Worst case if the battery does take a month to arrive due to current situation, the dealership can request a payment waiver to the bank for you. I dont have experience with bmw exclusively, but recently had to get it done for a clients MB and personally had it done on my wifes Acura. In both scenarios, 1 month payment credit was applied or sent a check by mail and was provided a loaner from both brands for the duration of the time it took for vehicles to get fixed.

1 Like

To be clear, I am not concerned about a short term delay here. If the battery comes in next week, cool, no issue.

What I am concerned about is a prolonged delay. Next week becomes the week after, and so on and so forth. I don’t want to end up a month or two in without a car and 1/36 or 1/18th through my lease.

That being said, it sounds like I should just wait and see what happens next week and let things play out. And I totally get these are difficult times and that this is not the end of the world. But at the same time, I think it is fair for me to ask for advice on how I should respond to to avoid getting hosed with a car that is still sitting at the dealer a month or two later.

Definitely nothing wrong in asking for advice. You have signed the deal and paid upfronts right?

Thanks. And yup.

Not looking to squeeze any money out of the dealer. I picked up the loaner today, so that should be fine as long as the battery comes in next week. Was just a bit nervous since I still don’t have a tracking number for this part (which comes from Germany). And I do want to make it clear that I still think all the people at the dealer have been very helpful and would recommend them. It probably was just a miscommunication between sales and parts, as the process for ordering this battery is complicated.

I was in a similar situation with my i8 waiting for a battery from germany for more than 1 month; they gave me a loaner (a 4 series) but I called BMW and they also covered 1 month of lease; now, because of covid-19 situation, I wouldn’t call them, but that’s me, I’m probably too sensible :rofl:

Great deal!!

I thought I had a great deal two yrs ago with
My 740e lease. MSRP 98500. effective payment 1030 with first month DAS. 0 down. No deposit.

I gotta re-evaluate my life choices.

These are great suggestions. 15 years ago, BMW covered 1 or 2 payments for me due to a delayed new car already paid for.

I called BMWFS on a separate issue yesterday - wait was 3 min. I still think it’s best to call once you have your car running.

Surprised no one asked… what loaner did they put you in?? We talking x2 or an M?

Do they not have a similar new car in stock? Sometimes we will pull from another stock unit and put that one out a service. Gets the customers car on the road

They gave me a 530e. The dealer has been very cooperative at present so hopefully this won’t become an issue.

Unfortunately, this is the only M4cs they have in stock. Not sure if they can do dealer trades, but having received a loaner today I feel a bit better for at least another week.

1 Like

An M loaner? That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. :laughing:

@Hefnet glad you’re feeling better about the situation now. I know personally that almost anyone still working right now in this industry is doing everything they can to make sure their clients are happy. These are strange times but I’m sure they will take care of the issue.

Just want to add that I wish the best of luck to all those in the industry and other sectors impacted by this. Very hard times and the fact that they can put on a smile and help people with this stuff is very much appreciated. Good luck all.

4 Likes

the current crisis in unprecedented , so no one will be able to give you exact time frame because no one knows as means of transportations are changing every day
commercial flights carry a lot of cargo , and most of them are being cancelled . So, if the battery is coming from Germany , it will be delayed
be patient and things will happen
as far as compensation, if this was normal time sure ask for something
but with current crisis , you chose what you think is the right thing to do and what makes you feel better.
not asking for compensation might feel better than asking … just my 2 cents

3 Likes

I had a 530e loaner for a month while my leased 330e was in the shop, if you’re a M4CS driver then 530e might not be your cup of tea. But I would dis-infect the hell out of the loaner just to be safe.

Yes I’d wait and see - the deal is solid and they are working on it.

Depending where in CA you are, it’s gonna rain all next week so you’d not likely be canyoning you’re beautiful not-run-in-yet beast of a car anyway. There’s nowhere to go with the stay at home order either.

Just relax, and ask for a month payment back from BMW FS.

If it drags on and you’re really pissed- it sounds as though you haven’t taken delivery. Just unwind the deal for failure to deliver.

Just wanted to note that I got the battery yesterday. The dealership was very good about giving me status updates, and gave me a loaner car while my car was gone.

9 Likes

Glad it worked out. Enjoy!

Great deal and glad you got the battery.
Now let’s see some pics!
The X3 also, I am looking to get one for the wife when her current lease is up and 350/mo with tax sounds PERFECT :smiley: