2020 Lexus RX 350 Lease. Good deal?

I think that car is UGLY! No way!

I don’t think it will be that bad. He is open to a higher payment I think as long as he feels it is worth the deal. BMW deal adjustment for the 15k should be like $35-45/mo difference, right?

1 Like

That is exactly right. For example I would be willing to pay a premium for the Porsche Macan or a vehicle in that class. For a BMW, Lexus, Audi, Mercedes, etc… I will not be inclined to do so even though they are wonderful vehicles.

Definitely, but he stated he is having trouble dealing with dealers. @JMD I recomend using either @aronchi or @nyclife for a deal in NY. They are both phenomenal dealers on LH and they have good deals for BMWs from time to time. Check out their marketplace threads if you like the M40i. You may be able to find something there.

I too, would pay a slight premium for a Macan, but those MF’s are so bad and dealers rarely provide a discount on them. They also have high MSRP’s.

1 Like

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/porsche-leases-new-pre-owned-demo-updated-march-19th-2020-ny-nj-ct-579-mo-macan-899-mo-cayenne-718-cayman/172092?u=fredyge94

I would also suggest possibly looking into an RX350-FSport.

You can get one for same exact MSRP of your non F-Sport car and I believe residual is actually a couple points higher on the FSport Model with the same money factor.

I’m actually surprised the one your being quoted on is a non F-Sport and the MSRP is so high.

I have 2019 Loaner lease at 599/mo. How would you guys recommend it FOR A PORSCHE?

A base Macan? What’s the MSRP on it? DAS? I would say it’s damn good deal on a Macan with only first month’s out the door.

1 Like

I would be highly inclined to make a deal on that! Would have to see details though! This Lexus dealer will not stop! They are really trying to sell me this car!

It is just the fees due upfront. 1st month, DMV, bank fee and taxes upfront. Roughly $35-4000 upfront.

Not bad considering I’ve seen them go for over 800 a month.

New ones are between $700 to $800 per month at the moment. the advertised deal is on cars that are 60-62k MSRP which should lease closer to $800 per month

REALLY TORN GUYS!!! Lexus RX 350, Mercedes GLC300, Volvo XC90 T5, Audi Q5, or Porsche Macan?? I don’t know what to do!

Figuring it out is the first step. Do that and come back when you have some deal offers on what you settled on, we will help you out on the deals.

For what it’s worth, if fredyge can get you into a Loaner base Macan for 599 a month, I would take him up on it. That’s a special car among the lot.

I’ll be the first to admit i’m not a porsche fanboy because the ones i have driven have been uninspiring (non-SUV), but why is a rebadged Tiguan / Q5 with a non-porsche engine considered a “special car”?

The Porsche Macan has been fully reworked from the MLB Evo platform with which it’s based. Approximately 70% of its components have been swapped out for Porsche components. Porsche has also applied engineering and tuning experience to the car that sets it apart from it’s Q5 cousin. Not to mention there is far more usage of aluminum, Porsche differentials and transmission.

The 2.0T engine is similar to the one used in the Q5. Same long block (EA888 Gen IV I believe).

It really is a very different driving experience. Though the 0-60 time is definitely not impressive on the base model.

1 Like

100% agree. They start on the same chassis but drives night and day. If you see the finished chassis between Tiguan, q5 and Macan, macan’s is unrecognizable from the others. And PDK transmission is one of the best you can get out there at the moment. Suspension Tunis is completely different as well. I recommend getting an S if you are a performance enthusiast

1 Like

Honestly, I thought that as well… but the Macan Sport with the Sport Chrono package is pretty amazing. I think it’s a great way to get into the Macan (tune the 2.0T for more power) because the engine weighs less than the 3.0T in the S.

But its most important component, the EA888, is the same thing that’s in the Q5, Q3, Tiguan, etc. They dropped in a PDK, which has given that engine a breath of fresh air, but that doesn’t mean it should command a premium vs other small suvs in that segment. Same goes for the f-pace btw - truly awful car in that 2 liter configuration (JLR is a brand that is absolutely going to get devastated in this recession). No different from a qx50 and that atrocious CVT.

One other thing I should point out, for all of its acclaim, from my experience, the PDK is not much of an upgrade over a ZF 8 Speed. Nobody gets a small SUV to track it. We get it to go to costco in stop and go traffic. That requires some low end torque (never saw a porsche with any - you have to step on those 4 cyls to have the turbo kick in at like 3400 rpm) and a transmission that doesn’t wobble in low gears (the PDK shakes as much as a nissan CVT).