2020 Lexus RX 350 Lease. Good deal?

Look guys, I am making a statement based on what NY allows and based on THIS month’s rates, & residuals. If you are comparing it to a 10K lease, on a cheaper car with MSDs, yes, it is a “bad deal” because you are looking for the cheaper payment and not what the actual deal is. It takes perspective. I have been doing this for 6-7 years. I sell exotic cars and I have no gain in supporting this dealer that I don’t know. I just share based on what I know and what I see.

2 Likes

Of course the deals are not IDENTICAL. I never stipulated that they were. Using extrapolation, you can determine this person’s $479 plus 3900 payment up front with 15K miles is not great. You consistently pretend i am ignorant and mock me… You seem to enjoy that… Yet you repeatedly don’t seem to have the ability to extrapolate. Since you REFUSE to do that, your arguments fall flat. I don’t care how many years you have done this… If you cannot follow my logic your experience is worthless.

1 Like

Carl, All I am asking is, take the deal that you sent here, Add the following: Sales tax, Higher MSRP, Mileage adjustment for 15K and higher interest rate.

You seem not to understand why this is a better deal than the one that the FL broker posted. I broke down every reason for the difference in the payment but you seem to go based on vague math that give you the idea, “higher payment = bad deal.” That is just ignorance. Do some math and you will get it. Please take a moment and go to the Lease calculator and do the breakdown of the lease and you will get what I am saying.

2 Likes

Your logic was that this deal was disproportionately more expensive. When you factor in the differences of leasing terms, your logic was wrong. No need to be an ass about it.

2 Likes

For my wife I secured a 36/15 lease with $4K DAS on a $47K MSRP 2019 RX350 for $425/month including tax and everything else about a year ago. Hope it helps your prospects. Good luck!

1 Like

Here’s some insight on a Lexus deal getting done

Way better incentives, better MF, better RV on an outgoing model year. Pre-incentive discount is better too, but that’s only by about $1k.

Fredy I would defend you here but it’s too early and I just started my sipping my coffee…

I would just stop responding and let this guy figure it out the hard way :rofl:

Both these guys are so wrong it’s comical. Have them keep hanging on to their hopes and dreams of finding that dealer that will blow this deal out of the water.

2 Likes

@Boraxo @Carl_Fischer

here is some good insight that another member on this forum posted not too long ago which is going to shed some light on how dealers going to play ball from here out. I believe it was @mp11477 who said it but I may be wrong…

the deal OP is getting is already basically $2,500 under invoice and you guys are arguing that this is a horrible deal and giving opinions on something when you have no clue what your talking about.

Just a couple points to make which @fredyge94 already did but you keep on arguing with him so I have to chime in.

1. Florida car is a 47K MSRP CAR and your comparing to a 55K MSRP CAR. (8K difference in MSRP that is being ignored for some reason)

2. Florida deal is for 10K miles this is for 15K miles.

3. Different sales tax between Florida and New York (New York is higher) and the way they calculate it is vastly different as well.

4. OP lives in New York and if the dealer is a New York dealer than he’s not allowed to do MSD’s which takes them out of the equation completely. ( resulting in higher money factor)

5. Money Factor isn’t marked up, residual is correct, invoice on the car is roughly $52,150 thus making this a $2,000 under invoice deal at $499 BUT than the dealer lowered the price to $479 making it roughly a $2,500 under invoice deal.

6. On top of everything I just mentioned, they are giving him an extra $500 in rebates and I’m not sure what for, but for NY region there is $1,750 in lease cash and another $1,000 for loyalty and they have the lease structured with $3,250 in rebates so IMO he is actually making out pretty good on this one.

with all due respect Mr.Carl, you’ve been on this forum for one month and this is the first topic you’ve even responded on so I’m curious as to where you get your credentials and expertise on this topic in order to be acting like such an arrogant prick lol.

4 Likes

Thank you!

And they don’t get the fact that there will be factory shut down, shipping delays, and port delays, and Trucking delays. This means more reasons for dealers to hold profit on the inventory they have.

During the recession, just a shortage of buyers but influx of inventory. Now there will e a huge shortage of inventory as well.

1 Like

I know that’s why I sent him the screen shot above of a statement that another user made that sheds some light on WHY dealers are even able to do losing deals to begin with.

His logic is severely flawed .

2 Likes

“Yes. True sign n drive”

The Lexus deal i mentioned above is truly $0 DAS

Hey fellas! How’s everyone doing today ? :joy:

4 Likes

Lol, that is not what he has advertised, but ok.

Quarantined :sweat_smile:

1 Like

same here lol

Yes my lexus deals this month are $0 das if no msd’s and only msd’s das if some one is using MSD’s.

Yea, but thats $0 Due at sign before taxes, correct? Taxes gets added to the the Monthly payment of $401 or 429

Correct yes 7% tax for residents of tricounty S. Florida on the monthly payment

1 Like

That is what I have been trying to explain to @Carl_Fischer. But you know…

1 Like