2020 Lariat F-150

So I’m going to post something everybody hears far too often so hear we go. I have a 2018 F-150 XLT Extended Cab 4x4 I owe 38,300 on and want to upgrade to a F-150 Lariat 2WD Crew Cab. I need the extra space and the old base model XLT seats are hard on my back. I bought this truck for a lower payment and lower rate and have regretted it ever since. I know trade value is $25K-27K. Does any one have any advice for me on this? I’m in the DFW Metroplex and have even thought about leasing to help dig myself out of this hole and at the same time get something that is easier on my back with space. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

There isn’t much advice to give about this. Think about how bad you need the extra space and more comfortable seats. Is it worth the money you are going to lose? I’m guessing you want to roll a lot of negative equity on the new truck. How is the interest rate?

How come you are this much upside down? Did you roll more than 10k negative equity into your current truck? How long have you owned it? Was it new? What was the MSRP? I’m trying to figure out how much you are losing on your current truck.

Assuming you could pull it off, this is $300-350/mo in negative equity over the lease. If you can’t afford that we’re done.

As someone with a bad back who isn’t being sarcastic: Amazon has a million different kinds of seat cushions/supports for $30-200 - I would try every one of those before ever trying to get out from this truck by leasing another.

How do you owe that much on a 2-3 yr old truck? I thought those sold for about $40k new tops after mediocre negotiation.