2020 Land Rover Evoque [Deal Check]

Hey everyone! Love this site and first time posting. I received the proposal below for a Range Rover Evoque lease in Los Angeles. Is this a good deal? If not what should I negotiate? The 39-month lease period? Do the Velars lease better?

We are also concerned about maintenance costs. How much would prepaid maintenance add to this?

Thanks!

Depends if they upcharge. I think the average charge is like $750-$950 for the evoque, but the official one comes with brake rotors, so that may be something to think about, you could always go to a good indy shop, Cali has tons of reputable ones.

I have 2 p340 i6 demos left at about $130 more per month, but that’s about it, they lease pretty badly.

I would first find out mf, residual and incentives for your zip code first. These autonation quotes are not very helpful.

1 Like

2020 Evoque P250 S for this car, remove ¢30 per mile from rv for mileage adjustment over 200 or 300 miles, it’s 3 am I don’t remember.

33 month 60%,

36 month 57%

39 month 57%.

no incentives? Are you running out of RedBull lol

For only $3 usd, you too can support HersheySweet Red Bull fund.

2 Likes

OP you need to get money factor and incentives for your zip code. Otherwise it’s very hard for us to dissect your deal. If you know pre incentive discount that would be better if you can get it from dealer.

In CA you want a lease term divisible by 12, otherwise you’ll pay a whole year’s registration for the last three months.

RRFS is Chase which does not allow transfers, so you’ll be likely driving it to disposition.

The manager responded saying “We do not disclose or have any formal breakdown for money factors nor will you see it on a contract. The residual is displayed on attached document”

You find them by asking in Edmunds forum. You can read leasing 101. Go to Edmunds and ask MF residual and incentives for tour zip code. I think residual is already known

If I get a reply like this I usually just walk.

1 Like

A dealer that won’t disclose the terms of the deal is a dealer I won’t do business with

3 Likes

The best place to start is

Please read links in there such as “how to calculate payments” and other helpful articles.

It might seem like a lot but TBH there are fewer <60 minute exercises which will save you so much time, money and anxiety over your driving lifetime.

It may also save you (after your negotiations with LH input) inside the finance office where no one can from the internet can really help you.

Remember, it’s almost impossible to reverse-engineer the math starting from the output (monthly payment) and figure out if it’s a good deal. Start at the beginning.

1 Like

Ask him if he’ll run your credit app with just your first name and the fourth digit of your SSN.

8 Likes

You can pay your due on delivery with 12 of your credit card’s 16 digits. Fair is fair.

2 Likes

A bit of apples and oranges but I leased a very similar MSRP Evoque in May 2020 with 1920 miles (Loaner) which included about $800 in wheel protection and with 7% sales tax in Florida, it was 443 all in, no money down, 12K 36 months

After making this joke to him, he finally sent me the MF: .00048

2 Likes

Is that buy rate?

What does that mean? Please excuse my ignorance

I don’t think so, Edmunds have much lower buy rate, but you need to find out what incentives you qualify for. It seemed to vary widely across region. I already said 3 times to go to Edmunds, I’m out. Good luck!

Stop talking to dealers. Delete their emails.

Take a GIGANTIC step back and start reading through the leasing101. You have a lot of reading to before you ever consider reengaging any dealers.

3 Likes