2020 Land Rover Defender 110 S

Agreed; V90 is disproportionate, had one for a month.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

I actually like the looks of it better. I like the elongated look and the more sloping tailgate. It’s just a pretty big car and feels like it driving it. I’ve enjoyed it though, mine is a 2020 too. I’m really digging the Defender too though, starting to see more of them on the road.

2 Likes

A few people PM’ed me to try to replicate this deal.

Dealer has a few 9,000-mile Defender exec demos from JLR HQ inbound–it looks like programs took a hit for March, but PM me if you want one of these.

9k miles - oof.

1 Like

Agree! At least the service internal is 21,000 miles.

1 Like

And, this truck is now sold to a local JLR store for $62,500. Positive equity of $4,300 realized.

Net monthly cost for five months of driving: $220.00.

New Defender arrives July 30, if all goes to plan.

9 Likes

We need a new thread for the new deal. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What deal were you able to get on the new one?

1% off + buy rate + deposit is refundable if the programs are horrendous in delivery month.

Needless to say, the outcome here is unlikely to happen again.

4 Likes

Congratulations. Did you change your build at all for the forthcoming replacement?

1 Like

Congrats man! Cant beat that 24M RV you shared :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes. It’s quite different but still a 4 banger S (apologies in advance to @max_g) which we were really happy with. Turbo is super well spec’ed we found. It’s a huge box (it kills an ungodly amount of insects) and it’s not quick and that’s ok!

New one is Pangea Green with White Roof and silver 20s.

Three major build changes that were drivers for us: The new 22s offer an (optional) larger center console touchscreen display, we got third row seating this time, and we wanted fancier 700W Merdian sound package (vs. 180W base system in this Defender).

6 Likes

4 Likes

You have been driving it for (not many) months, so you know best. I’m always curious when someone immediately replaces with the same model, what they would do differently. All sound like great choices, can’t wait to see pics in the trophy garage.

2 Likes

TBH, one of the smartest things JLR did was fully embrace over-the-air software updates.

Total game changer for the brand.

They can fix their myriad mistakes quickly and seamlessly.

4 Likes

Congrats! Post pics when it arrives!

What will you drive in the meantime?

1 Like

We rented a Pacifica (shockingly, kind of nice for a van) for 30 days, and hopefully stealing my dad’s ‘96 993 convertible as well.

2 Likes

Doug Demuro posted a video today advocating for financing vehicles in certain cases vs paying cash. His main point was cheap money vs potential investment gains at the moment but I’m surprised that he didn’t mention the fact that his new Defender probably hasn’t depreciated at all thanks to current market conditions.

1 Like

Fun Defender content here: https://twitter.com/casey/status/1403694447120896000?s=21

I love when Stanley set the cruise to 100. I would never let that that guy drive while i’m asleep in the car.

2 Likes