2020 Lamborghini Huracan

This is very important. Majority of people who get the LP580-2 do not know how to actually drive a high performance car with power. Always go for the AWD with traction control of you must have an exotic and you have no experience driving high powered sports cars.

I’ve seen people total Ferrari’s and lamborghinis by fish tailing at 35 mph. These are not for inexperienced drivers.

1 Like

I messaged you.

A car can have no major issues but still nickel & dime one to death.

Other than you, no one brought up the arbitrary restriction that it had to be 2015. Why not go even older and therefore cheaper?

The only way to compare leasing vs owning on an apples to apples basis: compare ownership on cars that are under warranty for the same duration

Even though it was introduced in 2014, 2015 is what mostly available on cargurus autotrader etc, sweet spot pricewise. Service cost is same wether you own it or lease it. But if you do not drive much it is about 350~1000 year. Aftermarket warranty is a way to go for those in need.

720 is the better car period. McLaren’s are true drivers cars, the Lamborghini has turned into an accessory. I could sit in a McLaren and drive for hours, I wouldn’t dare take a few hour trip in the Lamborghini without a break or two.

Novitec exhaust fixes the quiet stock 720 sound and makes it sound as good if not better than a huracan

You are now only left with the brand name, the name Lamborghini itself and its models will attract far more attention than any McLaren or ferrari (another purist manufacturer).

Basically the huracan will attract more attention and be more flashy aside from the stock exhaust being 100x better than the 720.

In terms of performance and features the 720 is about 5-6 years ahead of the normal Lamborghini models.

one could say the same thing about the hellcats z06, gt500. In fact having the mid engine layout should stop some of the fishtail esque behavior because those cars are front engine rwd vs mid engine rwd.

For a novice driver yes you are right but the real beauty of the 610-4 is the consistent launches, rwd is so inconsistent.

It’s not hard to learn how to drive these cars, a few track days with a proper instructor really lets you learn the cars limits and gauge how comfortable you are with pushing the car to its limits without ended up in a ditch or bouncing off a row of parked cars.

I have no experience w/ high powered cars (regardless of engine layout), but my understanding is that mid-engined cars are much trickier for inexperienced drivers than is a front engine/RWD car…

that’s probably true, however think of it like this. on a 700hp car with virtually most of the weight on the front of the car and all of the power sent to the rear the car will have no weight to balance the massive amount of torque on the rear if you accelerate into a turn.

With having the engine located for better weight distribution, the car has some weight on the back end so it doesn’t fly out from behind you and stays more firm on the backend.

There’s a lot more detailed explanation that involves center of gravity but I just tried to make it very simplified.

I took my Huracan from Los Angeles all the way to San Francisco on Pacific Highway 1. It was a fun unforgetable trip. The seats are not as comfortable as 720s. Need some back pillows.
720s is a better driver car, Nissan GTR is probably best of both cause it is twice less expensive+awd. New Corvette C8 likely the same.

But,! Most of the people getting Lambo and dropping tons of $ not looking for driver’s car as the main decision factor. They want a mix of dream, looks, fun, cool, exotic, performance.

1 Like

I don’t disagree, but I’ll add this. A good friend of mine has a 720 and he’s had tons of problems. Guys we know with mclarens have had tons of problems and it can be a pain in the ass to even get parts. It’s a very new brand Vs lambo- without the backing of VAG etc. This combined with the fact that it sounds maybe 4/10 vs a lambo was my issue. Plus I got an amazing deal and the car has been bulletproof for the last 6 or so months, so I’m stoked on the experience so far. Living the dream boys

3 Likes

There is nobody who can push either a modern Lamborghini or a McLaren near its limits anywhere that has ditches or parked cars.

I would speculate that even the most gifted driver can barely find the limits of a Corvette on the road.
:bat:

2 Likes

Bruh, I’ve never crashed on PlayStation.

10 Likes

I should probably rephrase that as the driver is the limiting reagent and to be able to drive the vehicle to the drivers limit.

But if you have ever driven an old school version of these cars you have to have a lot more skill and without traction control they truly are track cars.

1 Like

I think the 720 with the proper exhaust is a solid mix of fun, but like I said they (lambos) are more like an accessory than a toy.

+1 on the gtr, it drives almost like a video game car though… the amount of tech in the car for its time was insane, truly helpful for setting better lap times.

better than not crashing one in your dreams. :see_no_evil:

PlayStation, what a peasant. Real drivers drive on mobile phone games.

4 Likes

I imagine electronic stability control and modern tires might be more helpful than traction control, but I agree w/ your overall point.

This is why I drive a Golf… It’s all I can handle. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see this thread has taken on a life of its own. I’m moving forward on lease deal for a used Huracan. I’d like the thread to remain open so I can share pics once the deal is done. Otherwise it can be closed if the mods see fit.

2 Likes

Pics go here:

:bat:

2 Likes