2020 Jaguar I-pace SE leased - hopefully hacked

I picked one up yesterday. So far I love it. It was totally an impulsive lease I barely did any research. I’m hoping I didn’t get completely ripped off. Pretty happy with the lease payment and this is my first 48 month lease. I figure having to put a down payment every 36 months was getting tiresome and if I’m happy with his payment then that’s OK. Let me know your thoughts.

MSRP - $78,000
Drive off on,y - $1,250
Monthly Payment: $579 (including tax)
48 Months
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: Don’t know for sure but I have seen .0001
Residual: not sure
I got the 7500 TAX rebate toward the car and got an additional discount. I think it was like 23 or $24,000 off the MSRP.

4 Likes

This is the second <1% I-Pace in recent weeks… you guys need to save one for me when I’m back on the market in February!

Nice deal congrats, why did you go 48 instead of 36? Just curious?

Impulsive lease, barely did any research, whoa!!!

Are you saying you barely researched the ipace?

Do you think the payment should’ve been lower because I did 48 months? I’ve always been 36 months. But I just started thinking putting 1000 or 2000 down every three years is adding up so I figured if the payment was OK I’d be OK with it long term.

I research the car a ton. I test drove it, watched every single YouTube video about it. What I didn’t really research all that much is the deal. I saw one guy on here talking about a 2500 down and 525 a month deal which looked too good to be true until I was able to pull off some thing somewhat similar.

Not exactly go lower with longer lease. I’ve leased an i3 with 24 months, when I asked for 30 or 36 months so it qualified for CA EV rebate, the monthly cost actually go up. I wish I was able to keep the car longer.

I’d love to hear a summary of all your research on the car. Also how are you liking it?

I went to three dealerships in Los Angeles. I was looking for an SE. They all quoted me $3,000 down and $900s/month. And they wanted me to go 39 months, which I hate (you pay your registration and then have to turn it in 3 months later). I thought that was ridiculous. Then I saw some ads with one dealer that was for $3,00 down $599/month (PLUS tax) – also, that was on an S model. So in my mind, I thought $1,500 down and $550 a month including tax wasn’t “crazy” to ask for. I emailed every major dealership. One said “no thanks,” another one offered me in the $900s, and one dealership responded and said they had some 2020s that they could apply a lot of incentives on (brand new, not demos). The only kicker was 48 months instead of 36, which is what I was looking for. I dealt with the internet manager and he was straightforward and it was the easiest lease experience i’ve ever had (and i’ve leased 12 cars in 10 years).

can you tell us where/who? I hear ya, has been tough finding the right dealer/place to match these great deals out there.

Anyone know of any Bay Area dealers that are in this ballpark?

Nice deal in my opinion. Congrats and enjoy!

Like a blind squirrel looking for nuts :laughing: congrats!!

1 Like

Is the $7500 rebate outside of the lease payments???
Effectively that would be another $220 off on the monthly, bringing it down to $300/month before tax.

No, there’s no way. If you lease the car you don’t get the tax credit, the bank does and can pass it through to you as a discount on the car you lease

2 Likes