2020 Jaguar F-Type lease questions

New to lease-hacking, so please bear with me. Interested in 2020 Jaguar F-Type P340 covertible.

Jaguar is offering lease specials for $639/month with $5k down. Fineprint below -

I tried to back-calculate this deal using residual/MF from edmunds.

Questions

1. is my back-calculating approach correct? If yes, looks like the jag lease is based on 17% discount off MSRP.
  2. jag’s $639/mo is pre-tax, right?
  3. jag says total lease payment ~23k, calculator shows ~29k. guessing this difference is tax and fees

Appreciate any and all help!

Why are you looking at an advertised special? They’re rarely good deals.

Have you looked into incentives or rebates being offered currently to get to that discount amount?

1 Like

there is not much info out there on what a ‘good’ deal for this specific car looks like, so i am using the advertised special as a baseline

if the math is right in the calculator, looks like Jag’s advertise lease special is based on a 17% incentive?

It’s going to be based on some combination of dealer discount and rebates/incentives. When you asked on Edmunds to get the current MF/RV, did they not also tell you the current incentives for your region?

yes, I did get a number from them: $7475 incentives. So I am guessing the remaining ~5k is some other kind of discount

Yah, probably somewhere in there

I was recently offered a 2020 P340 with an MSRP of 79K and discounted to 68K for $876/month, 36/10, and $2500 down.

So far I am not having any luck achieving anything close to $639,. Anyone else having any luck?

Deals just aren’t what they used to be. I got my 2017 for 430/month 3500 down, $70k msrp manual convertible. The deals the dealer is offering me now aren’t even close. I can’t justify paying over 200/month for the same car. If you want an ftype, buying a 2017 or newer preowned with maintenance and the warranty is the way to go. I am either going to buy mine out or buy another one. Only debate is between a v6 manual and 14/15 rwd v8 or r.

The good old days, $430 sounds like a steal now. Two different dealers are telling me that $630 would get me in a p300 not a p340.

Talk to @ethanrs. F-Type deals aren’t even close to what they were 2-3 years ago. But Ethan can give you a lay of the land as far as expectations and numbers and probably put together a competitive deal if you’re serious

2 Likes

3 years ago i got a 2017 f type coupe for $0 down $359+tax for 36m/10k

I dont see leasing programs that hot at the current moment across any manufacturer

You can pick one up on the used market for low/mid $30’s and it has a 5yr warranty

After showing the ad above, the dealer that originally offered me $876/mo., said they could honor the $639/mo and 5k down. The car they showed me has a $73,704 MSRP, do you think there is room to negotiate?

Other cars they showed me with similar MSRPs they were willing to discount at least 9k. Any tips?

Talk to @ethanrs

How much dealer discount is being applied to get to 639/mo?

Have you gathered RV/MF/incentive info from Edmunds and put together a calculator to match their offer?

No matter how deep we go on a F-Type it will never be like it used to (unless US Bank doesn’t learn it’s lesson and the refresh comes out with a horribly over-inflated MF)

“US Bank. Getting slapped at Maheim harder than Rihanna in 2009”

3 Likes

According to the edmunds forum the P340 is .00001 and 49%; $8500 incentives for Jan.

According to the ad the p340 had to be 74,200K, 36/10, $3461 down + acquisition to get the $639/mo. Plugging all that into the calculator it seems they were offering $14,200 off the MSRP.

So the dealer is giving about $5700 in discount then, or about 7.5% pre-incentive. How does that compare to other deals youve found?

My apologizes for the confusion. Based on the calculator and conditions of the ad, to achieve the $639/mo. Jaguar discounted $14,200 off the $74,200 MSRP.

As for deals from the dealer i am still waiting on the numbers. The original car they showed me I believe was 79k msrp and they discounted it about 68k and were asking for $876. However at the time I asked for 2.5k down.

You’re conflating discount and incentives, which was the purpose of my post.

With $8500 in incentives, the dealer didn’t discount it from $79k to $68k. They discounted it from $79k to $76.5k, so they’re only giving you $2500 off MSRP.

Ah I see, thank you for pointing that out! Let me look back through the F-Type posts and see what dealers were willing to discount and how much I can push with my offer.

From your experiences how much do you think I can push on the MSRP?