2020 Jaguar E-Pace checkered flag edition - Northeast

Hi folks - Please let me know your opinion on this lease deal. This particular trim is essentially the fully loaded version of the E-Pace. I am purchasing from an out of state dealer. I know money down is a no-no, however if I am doing the math correctly, it is approximately 1%.

I do have a question as I am relatively new to leasing. The 1% rule. Is it the MSRP, or actual sale price of the vehicle?

I scoured the country, and this particular dealer had the E-Pace, at between 8-10k less than other dealers.

I work primarily from home, so 7.5k is plenty. My last least was 10k, and in 3 years I only have about 13k miles on it.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Jaguar E Pace checkered flag edition
MSRP: $49,850
Sale Price: $43,798
Monthly Payment: $397
Down payment: $3999
Months: 39
Annual Mileage: 7.5k
Region: Northeast

Hope you are all healthy and well.

It isn’t a rule. Forget you ever heard of it. It isn’t a useful way to evaluate if a deal is good or not.

2 Likes

What did edmunds provide you as far as mf/rv/incentives go? How does that compare to the mf the dealer is charging?

Also, I’d seriously reconsider putting $4000 down. No good reason to risk your money like that.

The down payment isn’t saving you money or making it a better deal. It’s still apples to apples (or maybe toilet paper to toilet paper for a more current reference), you still end up paying the same amount overall but your chunk of cash is lost and not refunded if you crash the car.