2020 Infiniti Q50 buyout

My 39/12k IL lease is expiring in about 4 months.
I looked at my contract online. The residual listed is 22811 and security deposit of 3150.
Is the residual netting the security deposit?
My current payment is $399 a month,

With all the lease and finance prices so high, I am considering buying out my Q50.
From what I read, I should go thru Nissan or my bank to buyout vs dealer.

Does it make sense to buyout in this market?

No you get the deposit back
I say sell/ return the INFINITI and lease something else. You will onlyhave 1 yr of warranty left
If you call nissan they will let you buyout direct, or sell to a nissan or infiniti dealer

Selling may lose the deposit, so be aware of that

Just turned in our Q50. Struggled to make another deal with Infiniti but got it done. Moved to the 2023 Q50x Luxe msrp $48k. 36mo 18k per year $575 no money down. Paid for MSDs since the money factor stinks. We also traded in 3 months early. Overall we are happy with the deal in the current market. We always try to switch in the last few days of the year!

Thank you. So my buyout price would be 22811 minus 3150?

What about getting extended warranty after buyout? Would that make sense? Any recommendations for company?

The reason why I am leaning towards buyout is because the market sucks and my son will be graduating in a couple of years, thinking about passing the car to him.

Thank you everyone and Happy New Year!

if you decide to apply the msds towards it, yes.

I’d suggest researching the Infiniti CPO warranty if it’s worth its salt, or finding a good exclusionary warranty, (want the warranty to state they only exclude things like consumables rather than only include things like powertrain and mechanical components to give the best coverage).

I’ve heard many people speak well of Fidelity warranties.

Wow, I was in a loaded RedSport for less than that. Hurts my souls to see these blatant reminders that we’re no longer in the “good ole days” for Infiniti leases. :smile:

I know right! My plan was after 2 Q50 leases was to get a red sport next. Not in the cards. Leasehckr score was around 7 though. I think that’s a win for a very high mileage lease.

Thank you. I will look into Infiniti cop and fidelity.

Does it make sense to get extended warranty when buying out, or wait till original Infiniti warranty runs out in a year?

if you want a warranty, buying it before the original runs out is always the best plan.

I started with a ‘14 Q60S (G37 version with the 3.7), then a ‘15 Q50S, and lastly a ‘19 Q50 RS. The RedSport was/is a great performing, fast, car. It acts as a sleeper for most people. I got bored of it kinda quickly though. The power difference was absolutely there, but the car was also still very much a Q50S (I had just gotten out of). Too much familiarity and not enough “new”. I think I traded it after around a year for a Camaro 2SS 6 speed.lol

1 Like

Can you please explain how the deposit may be lost? I have $4K deposit and certainly don’t want to loose it in 3rd part buyout

Well you mean 2nd party as you can’t sell a leased INFINITI to Carvana for example. (2nd Party means Nissan / INFINITI dealers assuming you leased via IFS)

You have to call your bank and ask what your buyout is and does it include MSDs.
Sometimes in a buyout situation the bank will roll your MSD into the buyout price and it makes it look lower than your contracted buyout price. A few people here sold their cars and went ‘wheres my MSOs’ when it was already factored into the buyout.

Gotta know this information ahead of selling your car and as they say to the 50+ crowd, Knowing is half the battle! GI Joe!

1 Like

So my lease end date is 05/11/2023.

1. When should I require a payoff letter? After final lease payment in april?
  2. What is the buyout process? When looking at ifs website, only option is dealer assist in IL. I heard better to buyout directly with IFS, but is it possible for IL?
  3. What are the expected fees? Tax only ?
  4. Do I need to go to DMV to transfer tittle?

General process = request payoff, send $ to IFS, receive title, transfer title?

Thank you for your help.

Your car is probably not worth its RV; if that’s the case you’d be overpaying.

You really don’t want to gift someone a money pit.

Plus, for a young driver, the less time they have eyes off the road the safer they and everyone else around them will be. Think texting and using Infiniti’s horrible navigation of that era. A more modern car with wireless apple carplay or android auto is probably a better idea.

2020 q50 does have wireless CarPlay, it was wired from factory and then dealer upgraded it to wireless at no charge.

I also disagree it’s a money pit. I’ve had five g35/q50. One of them had 180k miles. Only issue was tire pressure sensor on all of the cars. And you can get CPO wrap for a few thousand. Their factory power train warranty (including turbos) is 6 years, too.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.