2020 Hyundai Palisade SEL Premium Sunroof - Nissani LA

I always ask for the corinthian leather…:rofl:, just a terrible Chrysler attempt at tricking people into thinking something was premium

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure if you were going there but I got the reference. Tesla people get all wet when you Alcantera.
Since I leased an E350 with what MBZ called m-Tex (I think) I was fooled and convinced fake leather is good enough for me.

Oh yeah mb tex, honestly the fake leather is so good now, it’s not worth paying extra for the really stuff. The sensa crap whatever it is in my 3 series is great, especially the sports seats. And with kids, all the crap vomit etc cleans up much easier than cloth. Enjoy the palisade, looks like a good rig.

It’s also a lot more durable, IMHO.

1 Like

Looks like a good deal on a nice vehicle. They are certainly getting alot of hype and also good reviews. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your new ride.

1 Like

Seems like a nice car. I’ve been happy with my 2016 genesis. This will be hackworthy at about $300 month sign and drive…

It’s my first foray w Hyundai. After another couple hours in I’m still pretty happy. Cabin noise isn’t bad but on crappy LA freeways I hear a lot of noise when going over seams and bumps on freeway.
This is coming from a Toyota Sienna lease so after three years of mini van it’s all good.

Popped into the local dealer today. They’re smaller than I thought, but I really like it. Will definitely be looking closer in a few months.

2 Likes

Did you ever get numbers on the AWD limited? That’s what I’m holding off for.

1 Like

I didn’t bother pricing 4wd. The limited was going to add $100 or so a month. Too much extra for cooler seats and a 360 camera (for my wife)

if you are in LA and want his contact or dealer info PM me.

Otherwise heres a deal worksheet for everyone to shop around

1 Like

Damn, $85 doc fee? Here in VA its pretty much universally $900. Thanks for sharing your deal!

Interesting, this just popped up in my Honcker app…

Note that VA charges 4.15% sales tax on the purchase price of the vehicle, which is why there’s $2973 DAS (TTL + first months pmt). $489 a month for an AWD SEL in Blue.

Not bad considering AWD must add at least $2k. Is that just the special they are running? If so work em for better!

1 Like

Not sure exactly how Honcker works but basically it’s an app where you pick the deal you want and then no haggling. But if you add a deal to your “Showroom” you can make an offer then the dealership accepts or counters. I submitted an offer of $400 just for kicks. Lol.

I will try to get a loaded SEL next summer. I am hoping to get it for $450 per month, zero DAS.

Great info, I was at the local deal but the ones they had already had been sold. I like the Kia but they are still asking way to much for the EX model, so I will see if I can work a deal on this, but later this year VW will have the cross sport out and that’s got me pretty hyped up, wish they had a hybrid version. Anyways see what the other dealers offer in Norcal, land of over pricing…

Considering most dealers are refusing to budge on MSRP with some even selling at higher, the honcker SEL deal actually isn’t that bad (relatively. though it’s still pretty poor compared to what else you can get for the same money.) I think I’m seeing the same blue car in NJ. Was very tempted until I realized none of those SELs have sunroofs.

There are a few LTDs, but those are far worse deals. I didn’t know you could make an offer on honcker, please do update how that goes.

1 Like

LOL - I contacted one of the local dealers and this is what I got back
I completely understand you’re doing your due diligence on getting a great deal but we are not discounting any Palisades at the moment. Thank you for your inquiry …

At least their spelling is up to snuff, could use punctuation though.

1 Like

Hyundai or their dealers are cray.

1. On several occasions people have stopped to ask what kind of car it was. Hmm WhyTF would people pay over asking for a car no one has heard about? But several compliments which makes my wife feel special. I look like a hero.

2. As much as really like the car. It’s a Hyundai. Not even a genesis.

Good luck. Hopefully some of the locals I passed on contact info to will score another so we can be advertisements for Hyundai cars no one has heard of.