2020 Hyundai Palisade SEL (Finance)

You might be able to cancel some of them.

1 Like

Hm. What would I just have to call the dealer?

If you want the OEM extended warranty, there are a few dealers that will sell to anyone in the US for about $1300

Youā€™d probably have to call the provider of each plan.

The dealer is just a reseller of these plans ā€¦ they usually have nothing to do with the plans except to take your money

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Iā€™m just going to stick with it then if itā€™s only a 600 difference. Iā€™ll get that rebate and leave it at that. Canā€™t be bothered with it lol. Thanks again for all your help!!!

The $1300 is for the full extended warranty from Hyundai. I think it pushes it out to 10 years, etc. Not just an electrical warranty to 6 years.

Yeah the electrical warranty is arguably useless and a complete ripoff on a car that has 5yr B2B and 10yr powertrain.

The OEM ā€œwrapā€ that expands the powertrain warranty into a B2B for years 6-10 is the genuine one and the only one worth getting for someone owning long term.

Rim/tire warranty on a car with high profile tires in Florida is another complete waste of money IMO.

2 Likes

I also have no faith in the quality of interior/exterior protectants added by a dealer. If you want something like that added, Iā€™d go with a quality detailer. Now, most of what the dealer is selling with those packages is more of an insurance policy against damage rather than a treatment that actually helps prevent damage, so make sure you know what youā€™re really paying for. Same with tint; if given the choice, go get some high quality ceramic tint installed by a tint shop. No need to pay a dealer a mark up for the cheapest film they can find.

Obviously, if youā€™ve already had those done, thereā€™s not much you can do with those now.

Yea they already did the tint. Iā€™m sure the protectant isnā€™t that good of quality. I know for next time now.

I will have to double check the warranty but Iā€™m pretty sure he said it just extends all the warranties that are not up to 6 years to that point.

Cancel it anyways,

Well that makes a big difference between near worthlessness and actually being worth something.

What he said is irrelevant, all that matters is whatā€™s on paper.

And even if he was accurate, why would anyone pay for that product? You either stay with the OEM warranty 5yrs without paying a penny or extend thru the OEM to 10 yrs for -~1,300

Yea your right. Learned my lesson the hard way. I didnā€™t get gap because I thought my insurance provided it. So I should have got that and thatā€™s it.

The warranty is one you probably can cancel out/replace with the real one still if you want to. The ship has sailed for the tint, etc, but the warranty can usually be canceled easily.

1 Like

I owned a Hyundai product for 8~ years. AC went out at around 50k miles, was covered under warranty. Only other thing that happened was a top gasket leak around 80k miles, took $180 to fix.

1 Like