2020 Hyundai NEXO Blue MSRP $59855 $368+tax, $2988 Down

I am getting almost thr same numbers for e tron

1 Like

The CVAP requires an approved dealer. I didnt see any Nexo dealers on the list.

Also, where are you getting the $5000+$7000? Is the $5000 the CVAP? I believe that goes straight to the dealer so it counts as a down payment. But I heard some dealers use it to cut down the car instead of straight down payment.I would assume the $7000 is the CVRP low income.

Approved Dealers are:
Keyes on Van Nuys-SoCal,
Capitol Hyundai in NorCal
:call_me_hand:

Oh, its cause Keys on Van Nuys is listed as Keys Hyundai in Los Angeles lol. I am interested in the nexo too. I like the numbers you just posted!

Yes-the first numbers were from Keyes, sadly

The last are from Tustin-NOT an Approved dealership

If Keyes takes it more seriously I may sign, but they have some really lazy sales ppl that just flat out give you false amounts haha… maybe I stay within Chevy and just get a BOLT and get paid $3K to drive a car for 3 years…only drawback would be the charging as I live in an Apartment and have to lease a Garage ($150/mo) or public fast charge. I only commute 9 miles a day anyway

Dang. That sucks. I would get a Bolt but it’s too small for my need. Maybe I’ll have to go with the Mirari.

I hear ya… Send them all an e-mail and see what they send you…then pick the best quote and present to Keyes to see if they can match it… I haven’t done that yet as I’m still deciding if I wanna give them my business… :upside_down_face:

Tustin was a breeze-straight forward the first quote was much better than anything Keyes sent me… Their quote for the LIMITED was cheaper than Keys’s BLUE model haha

He said they will look into it and let me know if they can join CVAP soon :crossed_fingers:

Capitol hyundai is giving me a good deal. If we found couple of buyers we should be able to negotiate even better

I just ordered a Tesla Model 3 today :money_mouth_face: no negotiations at all-all online

Hi, I recently signed a Nexo deal in San Jose… $3k drive-off total, $480/month. $13k fuel, $4500 rebate from CVRP (note - 40 days to process new applications). They also took my beat-up 2011 trade in and gave me above KBB trade-in for it, which I’m sure factors into my numbers. That would have been a hard car to sell privately. I looked at the clarity just before and that dealer also offered $10k.

1 Like

We leased a Nexo in San Jose today as well. :slight_smile: They were the only ones willing to move at all.

We decided to do $4,000 total drive off. 15,000 miles per year. 36 months. $419+ tax per month on a 2020 Limited trim.

Was hoping to do better. But happy enough with the result. We will use the 15k per year and eat up the full $13k fuel card.

Limited is definitely the way to go with the extra features.

Can you share your experience so far. With these prices , you could have picked up a German suv . I am curious on the experience

You’re not factoring in the 4500 CA rebate or paying for no fuel for 3 years. That being said you need to be a patient person to get a fuel cell car because the fueling situation will drive most people nuts.

$4500 rebate just shave off $125/month which is great but still, it’s super expensive depending on the features/brand with so much limited availability of fuel. I am just curious about the deciding factor. Hydrogen fuel or features since this is on my list to consider. I liked the car frankly due to rebates but not everyone qualifies for all the grants and with Jaguar Ipace and etrons being sold around same price, this looks an interesting choice

Those would be very good deals and they also don’t qualify for the 2k rebate bc of their msrp. That being said if you have a cheap and convenient charging setup then I would go that way as well. All it takes is a hydrogen plant shutdown like last year and your SOL. Not to mention how many stations are even in San Jose? One?

Just wanted to follow up. The Nexo is really well liked by the family - it’s very practical and I’ve seen more range than advertised. There are actually quite a few hydrogen stations around, but, yes, I’m glad I did not have to live through the NorCal plant explosion that took a ton of stations offline perhaps 18 months ago. I think unless you lived in a city or had other cars, clearly the overall infrastructure is not as robust as electric, but that’s why the fuel is free… yes, you have to factor that in. But, fueling is very quick, I’ve only had to wait once. I’m having fun with the car and it’s so much better than the other options out there from Honda or Toyota (I drove both before paying what amounted to a $50/month premium). It’s also fun that it’s a luxury car but without the fanfare or judgement that can come with owning a Tesla or Audi. Nobody knows what the car is. Also there’s no income cap to get the CA rebate, which may matter to some.

Agreed. It’s an extremely comfortable & well featured vehicle. Excellent rear seat comfort. Excellent audio system. And the 12+ inch multimedia display is exceptional. It’s extremely user friendly. We use Apple CarPlay on the display 95% of the time.

We are also getting better range than forecasted. As far as fueling stations we’ve never had to wait and they are all conveniently located in parts of town we frequent weekly.

We put 2,200 miles on it in the first month.

@SoCalTravels - Any updated reviews ? Got the CVAP approved but with 9k out of pocket for 3 years of lease, UX250/Highlander are around the same bench mark

Hi Mevora,

3 very different vehicles you are considering. I would take the Nexo over the UX any day and this is coming from a life long Toyota / Lexus owner. The Highlander is just totally different. If you need the space and seats the highlander will be much more practical. If you can deal with a smaller car the Nexo is great.

No more updates since last time.

Did you have any specific questions?

I am on my 3rd Lexus now and love them . Wanted to change the brand and looking for cars in the same price range. Only concern is limited fuel stations . What other cars did you considered and if it wasn’t nexo what else would you have picked