2020 Honda Civic Sport 36/12k $188/mo + tax ($200) / $200 DAS [MI]

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Honda Civic Sport Sedan CVT
MSRP: $23,550
Selling Price: $19,125 (18.8% off incl $500 Honda dealer cash+$1000 loyalty, 12.4% off w/o it)
Monthly Payment: $188 ($200 with 6% MI Tax)
Drive-Off Amount: $200
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: .00083
Residual: 61%
Incentives: $1000 Honda loyalty, $500 direct to dealer cash according to Edmunds included in SP and non-taxable
Extras: Battery for my S2000 at dealer cost, which is a $60 savings :grinning:
Region: Midwest (MI)
Leasehackr Score: 10.2
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

The $500 incentive that Edmunds reported to me and the $1000 loyalty are both direct to dealer incentives, so they go into the selling price (agreed upon value of vehicle). Honda is weird, but welcome to bizarro world where a Civic is one of very few cars leasing well that isn’t a…V8 Camaro :face_with_monocle:

My wife wanted a Civic Sport and she insisted on Aegean Blue, which significantly reduced my inventory pool to pick from. 2020’s have a tasty $1k loyalty incentive, $100 additional dealer cash, MF is virtually the same and RV is only 1% lower than 2021. Plus I suspect lease support will end this month. My initial target that I sent out to dealers was $185/mo with first payment DAS based on my inputs and some past Civic selling price data points here and on CivicX, but I came to realize that I was being overly aggressive and ~15% discounts exclusive of incentives are just not likely to happen on lower trim Civics (and/or some people report BS numbers without including incentives). So I upped my target to $200/mo which is a nice easy round number and works out to a 12.4% discount minus dealer $500 cash minus $1k incentive for 18.8% total.

After several days of being dealersplained why this deal was impossible to do by every dealer in my region and that no Honda dealer would ever do it, I finally got agreement from the dealer where my wife and I test drove the car to begin with. I guess we had established some rapport with them when we visited and I had been texting back and forth with the ISM for a few days, she was very professional and easy to work with. One very persuasive closing text from me got it done.

I got the sales guy we worked with to agree to order a battery for my S2K at dealer cost, so that’s another ~$60 savings ‘post sale rebate’ :slight_smile:

Edit here’s some pics. We have 4 Hondas in the driveway/garage now :man_shrugging:

20 Likes

Awesome deal! Congrats!

1 Like

Love the Aegean blue. I still remember when they introduced that color on the 3.2TL & 3.2CL Type S’s back in ~2001.

2 Likes

Looks great in blue! We still gotta swap cars one weekend :wink:

1 Like

For sure! I know you want that van :laughing:

That’s an awesome deal. Congrats! Are they also giving out these incentives because a new 11th Gen 2022 Civic is coming out? I remember I leased a 2015 Civic for $185 zero down with tax included in NYC - that was right before the 2016 10th gen was released.

1 Like

Thanks! Yes new Civic coming soon and MY20 support is ending this month.

I’ve gotta say that I’m REALLY impressed with this car so far. My only 10g Civic exposure has been test drives with CTR, EX-T 6MT and LX 6MT. It’s a very solid car, it rides and handles just as well as my Accord, and I actually prefer the K20C2 to the L15 turbo thats in the higher trims (stock anyway).

1 Like

What in the actual f??? :no_mouth:

11 Likes

5 Likes

Damn take that $5-6k and run

Yeah no brainer.

I don’t think Carvana has a very solid business model buying Civics for $1k over MSRP…there is plenty of inventory.

Assuming I got 10% off we could finance a brand new 2021 Sport including 6% sales tax and come out $1800 ahead in terms of payoff/principal. lol.

2 Likes

isn’t your payoff less than 20842? does that payoff calendar on your HFS account include taxes? My account showed taxes and I pulled 3rd party dealer payoff from https://payoffahfc.dealertrack.com

2 Likes

omg. I love you.

24,665 - 20,034.14 = $4,630.86

:no_mouth: I am speechless.

5 Likes

Time to get a jeep 4xe :chocolate_bar:

1 Like

Just do it…

The Boss hates Wranglers :man_shrugging: She will drive the van for the time being after Carvana picks it up, we’ll figure it out later. Nothing looks appealing to me right now…

$4,640.86 - $200 x 3 payments = $4,030.86 profit. It’s actually a little bit more than that in reality since we got a new plate which can be transferred to the next vehicle :laughing:

4 Likes

I got a dealer that can do 11.2% off a 21 civic sport unfortunately there isn’t ant loyalty or lease cash in that region (Maryland)

CRAZY how Carvana is offering over sticker, they must be on something lol

Carvana doesn’t seem to have a sustainable business model :laughing:

1 Like

How did your wife react to you selling her car?

2 Likes

As expected, her emotional attachment to the car was valued at far less than $4630 :laughing:

18 Likes